#3 NASCAR Trivia

trk31

my niece found this info. on the NASCAR website. the pic that i have of my grandpa (Jimmy Ayers) is the #31 (the reason it's so important to me) but i now know the #3 would also be appropriate. i just thought this was pretty cool to share about my gramps.

Some of NASCAR's greatest families are associated with the No. 3: the Thomases, the Flocks, the Pearsons, the Bakers and the Earnhardts.

None other than Bill France himself was behind the wheel of a No. 3 during the pre-NASCAR races on the beach at Daytona. He finished second in 1938 and 1939, driving Fords and Mercurys.

Once the NASCAR era got under way, three drivers shared the No. 3 in 1949. Bill Snowden was fifth at Hillsboro, Johnny Rogers finished 36th at Langhorne and Al Wagoner was eighth at Martinsville.

Joe Littlejohn and Jimmy Ayres split time in 1950, with Littlejohn winning the pole at Daytona and Ayres running 22nd at Hillsboro.

Ayres drove a limited schedule in the No. 3 for the next thee seasons, including two top-10 finishes in 1951, switching from Plymouths to Studebakers to Fords to Hudsons.

As a child I sit and watched my Dad at the race track's

Jimmy Ayres, now I sit and watch my son Jim Albert

I always wanted one of my son's to race and he was the

one that got the name, and he's the one that keep's his

mother a nervous wreck but I love watching him.

Sue Albert

As a child I sit and watched my Dad at the race track's

Jimmy Ayres, now I sit and watch my son Jim Albert

I always wanted one of my son's to race and he was the

one that got the name, and he's the one that keep's his

mother a nervous wreck but I love watching him.

Sue Albert

Now that touches you.....

Archived