THR Best Appearing Car Contest

NickHolt

THR will be having the Best Appearing Car contest this Saturday, 4/17/04. The fans will decide which car (of the regular THR classes only) will win the coveted trophy. I haven't seen the THR Saturday Schedule yet, but I imagine it will take place during the opening ceremonies.

Get out the car polish!

Nick Holt

GUNDOG26,

At this point, the only eligible cars are the THR regular classes. Grands included -- although I don't think that beat up old Caddy is going to get much applause.. LOl

Nick Holt

Hey gang,

I'm up here with Brian at the track. The Best Appearing Car contest is for THR cars only, and the prize will be a trophy.

Also...because of time and personnel (sp?) constraints, we won't be doing the Easter Egg Hunt, but we WILL be handing out those prizes, etc. to the kids who come to the track this Saturday.

Hope that helps! :D

Nick...

Any news on how they are going to do the best appearing car contest. What is everybody else's thoughts on this. Do ya'll think they should do it by class or with everybody together?

Jamie,

According to Brian, they bring ALL the cars out on the track together (at the tail end of opening ceremonies), and award one trophy to the best appearing car (regardless of class). Brian said that he believes a Street Stock car won the trophy last year.

All THR drivers who want to participate in this year's contest will be asked to line up their cars at the tail end of the Safety Parade, about 10 minutes to 7 (which is the time the Opening Ceremonies are scheduled to start).

Thanks GUNDOG.

It would be cool to have a contest for each class, but I understand why that isn't feasible. I agree that it's really more about who has the most votes in the stands. If it really comes down to the best appearing car, I think we've got a shot, but James Reeder's car looks sweet too!

cs

How about this, When someone comes through the front gate you give them a slip that has hobby, street, and latemodel on it. Tell the fans in the stand that during the heat races they voteand have them turned in by the intermission. During the feature of each class you annouce the best appearing car for each class.

How about this, When someone comes through the front gate you give them a slip that has hobby, street, and latemodel on it. Tell the fans in the stand that during the heat races they voteand have them turned in by the intermission. During the feature of each class you annouce the best appearing car for each class.

Great Idea!!!

OK.. Here's the deal.

The spectators will select the best looking car from each of the three classes (sorry Grands -- not this year.. LOL) and then will select the best looking car overall who will get the trophy.

Here's how it will work. The cars will line up behind the parade lap vehicles in this order - Hobbys first, Streets second and Late Models third. The spectators will vote on the Hobbys first, Streets second and Late Models third. Then the spectators will choose among the three finalists for the 2004 Best Looking Car Award!

Nick Holt

Hope this takes care of everyone's needs..

Nick Holt

Archived