Hi horsepower 4 cyl

chuck392

Hi I am new to this forum and dont know if it is a suitable topic. Here goes. I am building a 1948 Anglia and want something different than a 350 or 454 chev. I wouldm like to find the highest horsepower barely streetable 4 cyl drivetrain i can find.. I want to use this as a limited street machine and also a 100 foot shootout car. I also really dont want to use the old try and retry method of trying to narrow down rear gear ratios and tire size. Hopefully a motor tranny combo that can be found together in a doner car. The rear end is a 9' ford. Once again I am wide open to suggestions as I am really trying to narrow my options. I come from the V/8 side of things and really not too knowledgeable about these hi horsepower 4 cylinders but I 'will" learn. Any help much appreciated.

Chuck392

talk to kiss racing he isnt hard to find .heck he will find this .....iffen im correct .he has ran turbo charged 2.3 ford motors . we race that motor non turbo... if you want to go natural and want to run a ford . some of us can help you with some answers .... where to buy parts/ what to do and not to do .though we race round track .we still can help ...and you are on the right thread ..and any question here will find an answer ... 99 percent of the time ...

If you are really serious about making HP, look at the motor used in the Honda S2000. I have some email exchanges with a guy that run Pro 4 with one. He switched from Ford because the Honda 16V head in factory configuration out flowed the best Ford race head he could get, equal to or better to the Esslinger race head.

If you want something cheaper to build, look at the Toyota 3T. True hemi, 8000+ on stock rods, it comes at a 1.8 but the block has a lot of meat and will take a 4mm overbore to make a 1944cc. Very oversquare it doesn't make much torque but breaths well and loves RPM.

Honda B series is good but peculiar. Reverse rotation makes transmissions difficult. Good head flow, good quench design in the combustion chamber. H series is the better bet with standard rotation. With nitrous and cams these things are making very serious HP but get handicapped by being tied to front wheel drive cars.

Jack

• 2 weeks later...

Archived