Racing Time...

CJY08

OK enough with the sitting in the rocking chair telling stories putting everyone to sleep.... I was just nosing around and saw that the TPS guys have a race At CC April 10.....Not sure, but sounds like thats the first race.....Time to get ready to go again....So hopefully we can get some rules or no rule changes so we the people aka Drivers can start working on are cars.....Time to go again... And Gb We'll be down to pick that Eclipse up this weekend it'll look good in bright red with a #8 on it... ;)

Charley,you need to wait for the rules,this Eclipse might not be legal.If not,I just got an Altima that was vandalized.Its a 2.4 twin cam 16 valve also but a 4 door.It screams.You probably could not get in unless the door opened :lol: What about your Neon???????

I know Thunderhill does not allow Neons but they do allow 3.1 American cars and they are 6 cyls.Nobody makes a 4 larger than a 2.5 that I know of.I believe Houston only allows 4 door cars but does allow 6 cyl cars.

I hope CC posts the rules soon so everyone can start looking.

the only thing i have to say about this is I37's allow standard's and they race every other weekend and you could get some of them to come race and if they like it you might get some one to come with them the next time and they also let neon's run but they have other cars to. that is something else to think about

.some standards may have an advantage .. honda for one .... but with stock tires .and four banger ..i think the auto will have the advantage ..........jmo...i also say run 6 cylinders....why cuz its a stock class and there are alot more laying around ..its time for 6 cylinders ...plus you know alot of the young guys build up those four bangers .so its limited on what is out there ..........

.some standards may have an advantage .. honda for one .... but with stock tires .and four banger ..i think the auto will have the advantage ..........jmo...i also say run 6 cylinders....why cuz its a stock class and there are alot more laying around ..its time for 6 cylinders ...plus you know alot of the young guys build up those four bangers .so its limited on what is out there ..........

I though that this class was like a starter class for the Texas Thunder class just like the bombers are the starters for the Supper Street. so why would you allow 6 cylinders to run with a 4 cylinder class . It might help if you did you could get some cars from I37 but then you might have problem with his car has a bigger motor his car is lighter the same old BS

I bet most of the fwd 4cyl cars with a standard will be on the rev limit at about the flagstand in second gear. third gear will be a dog. my neon was, all Todds honds had the same problem. most of these cars proly wont go 60mph with stock tires and drivetrain and will have to shift on the strait. but if somebody got one geared right I would say it would have an advantage over an auto trans.

BJ I think this class will police itself. a car with a 1.5L motor will weigh less than a car with a 2.0L in stock form. a car with a V6 will prolly weigh alot. same goes with the tires. the small car will have smaller tires than the bigger car in stock form.

Well no automatic car will run with a standard all things being equal so some consessions will be needed for an automatic.Gearing is no problem if you have gear charts.I can gear my VW for any size tire using factory gears.So can most cars.I would never run an automatic if a standard is legal.

IMCA is the most successful santioning body of all for Sat nite racers.It might be useful to look at their sport compact rules.Some are good,others not so good.I dont remember what they say about trans.

This is just my opinion,its free and worth it. :lol:

What I am confused a little about is the dash.Can it be removed as an interior item or must it stay intact. Gray aera prehaps.

I though that this class was like a starter class for the Texas Thunder class just like the bombers are the starters for the Supper Street. so why would you allow 6 cylinders to run with a 4 cylinder class . It might help if you did you could get some cars from I37 but then you might have problem with his car has a bigger motor his car is lighter the same old BS

its not bs ..to me its a fun class ..its a cheap class .. ever drive a front heavy v6 around a track ..power wise most four bangers have as much power as the v6 wieght wise .... but limit this class to just four bangers ..may take it awhile to build up ..it wont be like the thunders and tps cars .......it has to be all stock ..what would help if dan pays a certain amount of purse to be deturmend .i say pay even across the board .... or five dollar per persition different s .. that way money teams wont be spending money to win big purse..........

HiTeck you know what I meant by BS like front wheel drive agianst rear wheel drive . you cant lock you dif but we can , your 1.4 powered car has to weigh the same as my 2.3 stroker .I have owned a v6 front wheel drive and a 4 bangger frontwheel drive both automatic both around the same weight and the 4 bangger is alot faster. so how can you make it a close class of racen ?

I think if it is going to be one or the other then it should be what is most plentiful and keep it bone stock. Either way the rev limiter is going to kick in between 6800-7200 rpms. The automatic will keep the rpm's higher in the corners where the standard has quicker throttle response so in a bone stock class it would even out. There was a saying my Dad used to tell me when I would start to make things more complicated than I should......just K I S S it! Keep It Simple Stupid. This class would be a stepping stone in the direction of common rules between THR & CCS and even I37. Bone stock and as inexpensive and safe as possible.

I think if it is going to be one or the other then it should be what is most plentiful and keep it bone stock. Either way the rev limiter is going to kick in between 6800-7200 rpms. The automatic will keep the rpm's higher in the corners where the standard has quicker throttle response so in a bone stock class it would even out. There was a saying my Dad used to tell me when I would start to make things more complicated than I should......just K I S S it! Keep It Simple Stupid. This class would be a stepping stone in the direction of common rules between THR & CCS and even I37. Bone stock and as inexpensive and safe as possible.

AMEN

its not bs ..to me its a fun class ..its a cheap class .. ever drive a front heavy v6 around a track ..power wise most four bangers have as much power as the v6 wieght wise .... but limit this class to just four bangers ..may take it awhile to build up ..it wont be like the thunders and tps cars .......it has to be all stock ..what would help if dan pays a certain amount of purse to be deturmend .i say pay even across the board .... or five dollar per persition different s .. that way money teams wont be spending money to win big purse..........

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!! now my sight mite be a little off...But what you trying to say about the purse there HI tech??? Are you saying if you put a little extra money or have a decent purse that more people will wanna race???? :o Like i been saying all along....Wow i think the oldtimers is shaking off He mite just get what i was trying to say....

we run a sunfire with a 2.0 at THR, running in 2nd gear and never hit the limiter my son's average lap speed is 65. Its an auto and completly bone stock. The car that won the championship was an acura not sure of the motor size but he would hit the limiter in 2nd gear right at the end of the straight. We had hondas, pontiacs, chevys, nissans, hynudias, fords and saturns running and all seamed pretty equal with the fastest being dependant on the driver.

The bone stock VW Golf I built would hit the limiter right before you would get into the turn in one gear and bog down real bad in the next gear. After a little creative engineering (i did not mess with the computer I promise) I got the RPM's it needed to carry it thru the corners. This was an auto matic trans also. Once the rpm problem was solved and the setup tweeked it was running top 3 times.

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!! now my sight mite be a little off...But what you trying to say about the purse there HI tech??? Are you saying if you put a little extra money or have a decent purse that more people will wanna race???? :o Like i been saying all along....Wow i think the oldtimers is shaking off He mite just get what i was trying to say....

lol ..it wont matter what the purse is ..if he keeps it alittle more even down the line ..some may think twice aboult spending more for a car to win ..money wise .... some where some how someone will get what im getting at ......... you want to spend more and go faster ..move up .but keep this class cheap ..i maybe wrong .but does the dwarf cars pay the same all the way down .... if so it sure does not keep them from running hard .....

lol ..it wont matter what the purse is ..if he keeps it alittle more even down the line ..some may think twice aboult spending more for a car to win ..money wise .... some where some how someone will get what im getting at ......... you want to spend more and go faster ..move up .but keep this class cheap ..i maybe wrong .but does the dwarf cars pay the same all the way down .... if so it sure does not keep them from running hard .....

You are correct about the DCRST. they run for a trophy and split the total purse at the end of the season according to how many races you ran. But even then its not much. BUT THEY SURE ARE FUN, thats why I'm going back to them. :P

You are correct about the DCRST. they run for a trophy and split the total purse at the end of the season according to how many races you ran. But even then its not much. BUT THEY SURE ARE FUN, thats why I'm going back to them. :P

The most fun I ever had racing was in the DWARFS I just loved driving them!

Archived