Advertising

KISS_Racing

There is a way, but it requires a bunch of very expensive modifications to the forum software. Since the grocery money has all been spent this month, I have opted to eat next week instead of paying for a few days of a geek's time.

However, we are offering ad space on the top of the front page as well as a couple down the side.

Nick

With the Ad's added I was unable to access the forum from my BlackBerry it just times out.. Not sure...

Works fine on my iPhone. But thanks for bringing that issue up, Aaron. I will have the guru look into it.

Nick

The Newstreamz Media IT guys are looking at it, but so far they haven't found a glitch... they are currently working on getting the URLs all straight since the only way to get to the new forum ads are through the main page at this point. Should be fixed in the next day or two.

Nick

I dont know how I did it but I managed to make the ads on the right side go away on my laptop. Took up half the screen. Its still on my desktop but my screen is really big so its not a bother. I know you need to raise funds for that Vegas trip Nick but on little screens it really stinks.

I dont know how I did it but I managed to make the ads on the right side go away on my laptop. Took up half the screen. Its still on my desktop but my screen is really big so its not a bother. I know you need to raise funds for that Vegas trip Nick but on little screens it really stinks.

Thanks for bringing this up. Is there any way you could take a screen shot of the problem and send it as an email attachment? Any time there are changes made to a site there will be glitches and I try to resolve them as quickly as possible.

It would help if you could also tell me the size of the screen (diagonally from top corner to opposite bottom corner) on your laptop and what resolution the screen is set at. Also, what operating systems and browser you are using when the problem occurs.

Thanks.

Nick

David,

You might need to clear your browser's cache.

To clear the cache if you are using Firefox, to clear the cache, go to Tools and click "Clear Recent History"

If you are using Internet Explorer, go to Tools and click on "Options." Then "Delete Cookies and Delete files" and then "Clear History."

Of course, you had better know your passwords for all the sites you visit because this will erase your stored log in names and passwords.

Nick

• 1 month later...

Archived