Fuel Question

gary2

Any way to put a fuel pressure gauge in line?

agreed,,,but this season for 5 races i had the same problem in a super stock. we changed carb. 3 times, changed jets, etc.etc... it wound up being in the distributor.

agreed,,,but this season for 5 races i had the same problem in a super stock. we changed carb. 3 times, changed jets, etc.etc... it wound up being in the distributor.

what was it .the advance plates ... noticed that with my brothers car ... rebuilt the carb .but still showed up near top end ...backed off the throtle alittle and then full again .and ran great ...wasnt realy bad but noticeble.......second thought it was floating valves but decided it wasnt that ..

Any way to put a fuel pressure gauge in line?

THATS WHAT MINE WAS IT RAN GOOD FOR A FEW LAPS THEN THE CAR STARTED TO CUT OUT. WE CHANGED DIST. AND IT WAS FIXED. ITS A CHEEP FIX TO CHANGE THE FUEL PUMP FIRS OR I WOULD CHECK UR LINES AND CARB FOR TRASH.

Engine never missed, idled good,would run great if you let off and get back in the gas,Season is over for us i am going to replace the pump and filter over the winter Thanks for all the info ,this is the best sight to get information on. Thanks again

DOES IT DO IT COMING OUT OF THE CORNER OR AT THE END OF THE STRAIGHT?

I live in freeport tx ,the car has big fuel line I think i found the problem Dirty fuel filter We race the car around the Houston area in the hobby stock class on dirt,raced the Texas Grand and finshed 7th think we could of done better if we wouldnt of had the fuel problem

Archived