Anyone interested in forming a team?

I'm a middle aged San Antonio resident looking for a few good men or women interested in forming a racing team for the 2010 year. I'm currently interested in campaigning in the Super Stock, Truck, or Late Model series. I have funding if necessary to run any class.

I'm college degreed and very organized in most things I do. I have a basic understanding of the fundamentals of automobile mechanics and race car setup and geometry.

However, I'm missing a few key components.

Very Important.

What I need.

Thunderhill to remain open next year.

Reliable and trustworthy people.

A shop or place to work on or store the vehicle.

Truck and trailer to haul the vehicle.

Some mechanic skills and ability would definitely help.

I have the funding to do all of the above, but I would like to find someone willing to share the ride and expense.

I'm extremely interested in working as a team and meeting new friends and contacts along the way.

I have several friends and business acquaintances for possible distant future sponsorship potential

Interested individuals who have What I need, please contact via email

UTRxDLR@yahoo.com

RPh

Are you looking to drive or to support and fund a racer?

If you have some sponsorship funding in place to support a race driver and get involved as a team member, I might suggest you keep an eye on some of the young gun drivers with potential. Texas has some great young drivers with both ability behind the wheel and marketability to sponsors. Look at Gavin Boyett, Jake Kruger, Levis Krauss, Jake Wright, Mason Teague, Layton Carroll... all with strength behind the wheel and personality to market.

Whatever your plans, I wish you the best, and YES, keeping Thunderhill alive is a priority hope for us all.

P.S. If you are looking for shop space, Mike Knotts ["tps48" on this forum] may have a shop bay available [Northeast of San Antonio] for rent as well as a spare trailer to rent/use/buy. I don't know for sure, but I would suggest to check with him.

P.P.S. I rent a shop bay from Mike Knotts Racing just Northeast of San Antonio. We have about 7 Pro Sedans, a Pro Truck, Dirt Modified and a Mini-Stock all working out of the same shop. If you are interested in learning some ropes, making some friends, just "getting involved"... I'm sure any one of us would welcome you to come by and hang out.

Are you looking to drive or to support and fund a racer?

If you have some sponsorship funding in place to support a race driver and get involved as a team member, I might suggest you keep an eye on some of the young gun drivers with potential. Texas has some great young drivers with both ability behind the wheel and marketability to sponsors. Look at Gavin Boyett, Jake Kruger, Levis Krauss, Jake Wright, Mason Teague, Layton Carroll... all with strength behind the wheel and personality to market.

Whatever your plans, I wish you the best, and YES, keeping Thunderhill alive is a priority hope for us all.

P.S. If you are looking for shop space, Mike Knotts ["tps48" on this forum] may have a shop bay available [Northeast of San Antonio] for rent as well as a spare trailer to rent/use/buy. I don't know for sure, but I would suggest to check with him.

P.P.S. I rent a shop bay from Mike Knotts Racing just Northeast of San Antonio. We have about 7 Pro Sedans, a Pro Truck, Dirt Modified and a Mini-Stock all working out of the same shop. If you are interested in learning some ropes, making some friends, just "getting involved"... I'm sure any one of us would welcome you to come by and hang out.

Thanks for the info.

you may get some better feedback if you let everyone know if you have raced and where ..... racers want to know this .....though i would worry aboult hanging out with tory .he may have you in a tps car instead ... you cant go wrong with that bunch... probably well over a 100 years combined racen .

Yes, I have been vague in my post about future intentions.

I realize racing at thunderhill is almost impossible for 1 person to accomplish.

Although I have spoken to some nice people, I do not officailly know anyone at the speedway.

By starting early for next year, I can speak to several racers in making an educated decision on which direction to proceed.

Whether I drive, a friend drives, someone else drives will be decided later. I'm looking for the best fit. People, talent, assets, peronsality etc...I believe a good team needs a mechanic, crew chief, spotter, and a driver. Doesn't have too, but might give a competitive advantage.

So, with that in mind, I'm still determining if joining an existing team, or starting up a team from scratch are still options.

Can't a driver compete in 4-5 races and still compete for rookie of the year the next?

A scenerio, where two drivers would be possible.

This just one of the ideas I'm entertaining.

And, there alot more ideas out there, that is the reason for my post. I'm always listening

To answer the question listed above:

I have never driven a stock car.

Archived