Help for a friend

A-ROCKET

Hello fellow racers and Lone Star Speedzone fans, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and I would like to bring to "our" community, attention to a friend in need!

Attached is a link to a site that tells the story of Denise Didier, a former classmate of mine and a self proffessed "motorhead"!! Denise is like so many of our family and friends who have been diagnosed with this "cureable" disease, however when you read her story you will see the added burden that Denise has had to deal with and that was an initial misdiagnosis that put her in further danger as the disease spread unchecked.

Many of you know people affected by cancer or have had family members affected, ( my daughter is a cancer survivor) and you know the strain that it puts the individual and their resources under.

I am asking the racing community, those who have been touched by cancer or whose lives have been affected by it through family or friends to read Denise's story, if you are able maybe you can help her out.

Denise has a fantastic attitude and she takes on each day with eagerness and a will to survive and succeed! Denise's attitude is "one dollar more is one more dollar than I had before" if you are able, please read her story and as racers, if you are able maybe help her out.

http://teamdenise.org/about/denises-story/

Thank you,

Jeff Hull

# 47 Nelson Plant Food Chevrolet Texas Pro Truck

tough situation, folks in Austin.. The Race for the Cure is Sunday morning at 7:30 at the Domain in North Austin. I am registered and ready to run, not on a team but as an individual. Join me, send me a PM we can meet up and run together.. or meet up and meet after.. whatever. I've had my pink on all month, we need to all help out, give what you can! Race day really hits home if you have never been effected helps make it all make sense... Race for The Cure!

My step-father has lukemia, which is incurable, and I cherish evryday and look back now wishing I had done this or that differently, but the fact of the matter is that the past is the past. Any moment can be your last for any reason. Very touching and emotional story. Im sure every day is that much colorful, brighter, and happier than before. Our family wishes the best for her and her family. Sorry that we wont make the run, but our prayers are with you.

Archived