shootout

F5RACING

I saw that the test and tune starts at 4pm, but what time and what order of events? How long is the test n tune? What time is qualifying? What time is first Heat or qualifying to start at? I didn't see this info on the website.

F-5.....I was told that racing Friday will start at the regular time....8:30

From I-37 Raceway

The reason we are having a two day show is simply because that is what we wanted to do. We are having an enduro race and demo derby on Saturday and just did not want to cram it all in. The test and tune starts at 4pm on Friday and I guess the races will start the same time they usually do on Friday's which is 8:30pm.

Randy....If I were to venture a "GUESS" I'd say that Houston Hobby's probably fall in closer with the Street Stocks than the Pures....but again that's just a guess.....If I tried to keep up on all the rules, in all the classes, at all the tracks I go to.....I'd be a basket case.(not that I'm not already there.) :lol:

just some quick info on houston hobbies:

stock 7.5 rearend, no heimed shocks, must be in stock spot

450 lift hydrulic cam, with stock cast iron open chamber heads, stock 1.5 rockers, 1.5 and 1.94 valves, no guide plates or girldles, screwin studs ok, stock cast iron intake

quadrajet carb

street radials

steel stock bodies, no aluminum

3200lbs but most are closer to 3400lbs

no jackbolts

churping <_<

bubba seals

this is lynn hardy

i have been running the ole 31 at i-37 in the pures has been very good daniels car would be very good there. i run my battleground gear there but could use a little more rpms almost the same shape as bmt but with just a tick more banking.

your hobby would be almost dead on with there st. stocks... or the edna bombers or courpus pures. to be honest the 19 car would be a real threat to win, even with the street tires. they run the g60 type tires in the pures and street class. i have been running the street tires there and when its dry slick not much differences. it is a real fun track to run on very wide and usally very smooth, tends to take rubber at times, but can stay tacky lots of bite. kinda of mix on the clay a dark brown..if i can answer any question just give me a shout 830-556-5059

hey mr seals would love to run against you again, you and i believe your dads car would match up very well with the 137 street stocks it would make for some great racing, and many others that ran in the pures at sos would have a very good chance at winning. I hope bobby jack can bring his car down for the race friday along with anyone else who can make it. Hope to see a big field like sos had. good luck to all the racers and see ya friday.

Archived