I-37 Speedway News Release

NeilTPS

I-37 Speedway trys a restart this Friday, April 9

Pleasanton, Texas -

After a rainout last week, the 2004 Summer Racing Series at I-37 Speedway will try again this Friday night, April 9th at 8:30 pm.

The racing event will feature four racing classes:

IMCA Modifieds…Limited Late Models… Super Stock…Pure Stock.

All classes expect to list the top racers in Texas and nearby states to participate in the competition Friday night.

Heat and Feature Races will highlight the schedule.

In addition to the racing program, an Easter egg hunt and slow speed rides in race cars for the children will also be presented.

I-37 Speedway is a quarter mile oval dirt track. It is located on the east side of Interstate 37 just 30 miles south of the I-37 – Loop 410 interchange. Fans from San Antonio and other South Texas areas should take exit # 104 (Leal Road), proceed south on the east frontage road and follow the signs to I-37 Speedway.

Pit and Spectator Gates will open at 2:30pm. The racing program will begin at 8:30pm on Friday, April 9th.

I-37 Speedway Ticket Prices:

Adult Grandstand - $ 10

Seniors 65 and older - $ 7

Children 7 to 11 years - $ 3

Children 6 and under - FREE

Competitors Pit Passes - $ 25

Maps and detailed I-37 racing information is available on www.I37speedway.com

or by calling the track phone at 210/534-1898 or the track office at 210/532-5421

To: REBELRACEWRITER -

In answer to your question, I checked with Promoter, Joe Horne and Track Manager, Frank Torres.

They have worked out a schedule with IMCA to make up for the April 2nd rainout.

On the weekend of Friday, April 23 and Sunday, April 25, a "Double Header" make up event will be held.

On Friday night, April 23, a regular I-37 racing program will be held starting at 8:30pm.

On Sunday afternoon, April 25, the IMCA Modified, $1,000 to win race will be made up starting at 2:00pm.

More detailed information regarding time schedule and racing classes for this "Double Header" event will be posted as we near the last weekend of April.

Archived