Bomber race Saturday Night

bvfd_gordo

well to get a load of bombers id say whats the differents in that size of tire ..1 inch maybe ..

You might as well throw the rest of the rules out then. 1 inch x's 4 tires = 4inches could make a difference at the finish line then what?

... that was a loaded question for someone of your stature to answer ..though i know the answer .........but heck this is a fun weekend .just maybe some of those drivers from another track some of who may have never raced on asphault but would have loved to try this track out .cant ....just may have made some of them want to return next year ..a wieght penalty could have helped that alittle ..but sense it was short notice .that may have been hard ..i was looking at the larger picture here ..i quess i was wrong thinking ..

Actually a 235/75 and a 235 /70 are the same width, which is 235 millimeters. The 75 and 70 are the aspect ratio, meaning the heigth from the rim to tread is 75% or 70% of the width. A 70 series tire is shorter than the 75 series of the same width. The 70 would be a better handling tire. But you are taliking about bombers, not sure if you would see that big of a difference.

Poorboy knows his tires. The 235/75 series should have a sidewall height of 176.25mm & the 235/70 =164.5mm for a difference of 11.75 x 2 =23.5mm difference in height. A little more than 15/16" in overall height. Don't know if that would give anyone an advantage or not, given the limitations on suspension changes.

I've tried to promote the idea of just having a max width rule with aspect ratio limits of between 50 & 75 in another class where not all cars have the same size rim. Nobody wants to listen, guess they're afraid someone will get an advantage.

jmo i would think a last race for year you would want a lot cars for fans and the track and and if the other tracks want to run there cars here then make some rule that would allow it but when the only two tracks in town owners butt heads in the long run it only hurts the fans and drivers and eventually the track one will eventually die off and i like dan and candy they are good people and i like owen also but lets work together to make cc the best race town in texas but like i said jmo

jmo i would think a last race for year you would want a lot cars for fans and the track and and if the other tracks want to run there cars here then make some rule that would allow it but when the only two tracks in town owners butt heads in the long run it only hurts the fans and drivers and eventually the track one will eventually die off and i like dan and candy they are good people and i like owen also but lets work together to make cc the best race town in texas but like i said jmo

knowing dan he didnt let the 70.s in cuz of the rule ..not cuz of cars comeing from another track and maybe haveing a big advantage ......i know dan has in his drivers meeting exspressed good luck overtures to the other track in town ..not once has he talked bad .so i dont and wont ever think he will butt heads with owens ......... dan has showed alot of class this year .....this is why we will be back next year ..... i wasnt and still arent trying to offend anyone or start anything nagitive here .. ......ps i know you arent being a hard nose postell .......

I would have liked to race one more time this year. The assphalt guys come over every once in a while to the dirt track to run but the bad thing is they are legal on dirt but the dirt guys are not legal for asphalt. I just can not understand why two tracks less than a couple of miles apart can not have the same rules for the same class.

FYI when the asphalt guys race on dirt they have mirrors in the car. The dirt rules dont allow mirrors.

I think that is minor just like 70 vs. 75 series tires.

I hope ya'll have fun but I will not be bringing my car out sorry I dont have the money to get tires for one night.

your right oldtimer i would not ever want to offend dan and candy i have known them for a long time and they are the only reason im building a super street to run there they have always been there to help me when i first started racen in 98 in the bombers or wall bangers i was really bad at it but dan help and i am getting alittle better at this racing thing lol so as long as there at cc i will to

I have argued the same thing with the 75 versus 70 tires for a couple of years now. They will not listen! A 75 series and a 70 series tire is not the width, the width with the first three numbers. Poorboy is correct. Anyone can go onto any tire website and it will tell you how to read the deminsions for the tire numbers. I hope they come to their senses one day to allow other cars from other tracks to race.

David McGuire

As a racer from the dirt track I was upset about this whole tire issues until a friend explained to me why it is not fair for us to run 70 series tires against the ccspeedway racers. I Hope that next year we can have a race where our tires are allowed and the purse is regular and not 300 to win. I would like to experience racing on asphalt and cant afford 2 sets of tires. So go luck to the drivers tonight on winning the big money. John Henderson :ph34r:

Archived