THUNDER HILL LM LAPS

waddy

Jim,

defination Please?Properly functioning race tracks

To name two: Oxford Plains Motor Speedway and Beech Ridge Motor Speedway. Check out their websites. Or better yet attend one of their race programs.

I honestly think asphalt racing in Texas is in the first stages of a comeback. Those of us who are old enough remember packed grandstands and full fields at Pan American and Paramount (later Longhorn) know that it has happened in the past. It can be that way again, especially now that the tracks are starting to work together through the TTOPA organization.

Let's all work together. All of us working together can make it happen for all of us.

Nick Holt

I send the Oxford Plains as a Great track, I am a yankee and proud of it... here is another of The New tracks up Northeast that have really made things work. Not to mention they took a local Late Model Series and went touring with it... To Multiple states at that... Not to mention White Mountain is in Northern NH and the Population Hummmmm bout the side of Kyle.. they drive for hours just to go there...

http://www.whitemtnmotorsports.com/

Back to the original topic...

After discussing this with Jim Lynch, I would not mind having the THR Late Models run more than 40 laps if the car count warrants the increase. So, I'll go out on a limb here. If the THR LM feature car count is more than 20 on any given race night I will increase their feature to 50 laps for that race.

In addition, I am seriously considering increasing the Street Stock feature to 30 laps any time they have 20, or more, cars starting the feature. No promises at this point because I need to I talk to Jim and Brian before this becomes official.

Nick Holt

:D Ok guys I am going to weigh in on this now,more laps is fine as long as you make it a race the whole time and not hang out until the last 10 laps. Also remember some people have to work the following day and cannot always campout for a regular show.My opinion is maaake the feature 25 laps invert the field by points,and if you can come from the back and win each week in a field of 24 cars then you are one heck of a driver and put on a good show,I do not like 40 laps od follow the leader and saying the finish was close when second place was 2-3 car lengths behind.I have ran in some 15 lap features that were more exciting because you could no lay back for 3/4 of the featuree,you had to be with the program from the start. I hope the new configuration helps you guys out this year. THR for the most part does a better job of keeping the show moving than other tracks locally,but remember drivers the fans don't always want a all night campout or a crash fest.

Great Job Nick.

With the late models if you let them know in advance that you are going to run more laps you will get a higher car count.

I totally understand that you first have to show a good car count to be able to ask for more laps.I agree with you that the Street stock feature should be longer .

i am glad to see that Jim & Brian are being open to these kind of ideas.

I am glad to see that you are bringing them to the table.

We race for fun not the money.

Victory Lane

I was just wondering THR doing all the new work trying to rebuild why haven't I seen any advertisment .The season is starting and know one knows except the racers, Seems like to me THR needs to put the effort of putting people in the grandstand

Before you say anything Kathy im not bashing THR I want the track to make it but if they don't let people know that THR is racing everything else is just talk.

Supertx,

Allow me to answer this one...Since placing advertising is part of my duties at THR...

We are doing some advertising right now, and we have more kicking in starting next week...

Realize this, too..we are working on several off-track and behind-the-scenes programs..some of them will be obvious very soon, while others are slated to start at various points during the season..the point being this: We are not going to be using "flash and dash" programs to build THR, we are instead going to build a "solid foundation" of repititious, consistent programs that will benefit THR in BOTH the short term and the long term..

Archived