THUNDER HILL LM LAPS

waddy

I JUST LEFT THR PRACTICE WITH THE GUYS THAT RENTED THE TRACK, AND TALKING WITH NICK AND BRYAN I ASKED HOW MANY LAPS THE LATE MODELS WERE RUNNING ON SAT NIGHT THEY SAID IT WAS GOING TO BE ONLY 30 LAP FEATURE THAT SEEMS TO ME TO VERY SHORT FEATURE WHAT DO THE LM DRIVERS THINK? WE SURE WORK AWFUL HARD AND SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO ONLY RUN 30 MAYBE WE COULD RUN 30 GREEN WHAT DO YOU THINK WADDY

I DON,T RACE FOR THE MONEY, I GOT A GAS SPONSER, AND MY GUYS CAN FIX THE SHEET METEL, HOUSTON WEEKLY CLASS 75 LAPS , SAN ANTONIO 40, TRSRS 75 I DIDN,T BUILD MY CAR TO RACE 60 LAPS A MONTH, BUT WE DO HAVE CHOICES, I,LL BE THERE, THEY [ JIM LYNCH ] ASK THE DRIVERS WHAT THEY WANTED I THINK THEY ALL SAID MORE LAPS, ALL THE WORK THAT HAS BEEN DONE IS GREAT BUT NOTHING HAS CHANGED THAT I CAN SEE FOR THE LM,S LONGHORN SPEEDWAY 30 LAPS, LIKE I SAID WE NOW HAVE CHOICES, WADDY

Thats what TOPA was all about,sorry I didnt meant to ruffel any feathers.If you want to run more laps then SAS would welcome your car.

Jim -- Correction: It IS what TTOPA is all about. We are currently looking at the LM rules with an eye towards 2005.

Waddy -- I wouldn't suprise me to see the LM laps increase as the LM car count grows.

Nick Holt

I think that Increasing the Laps will help the Car count.

Who wants to drive from CC, San Antonio or Houston to race for 30 Laps.

I know that when THR use to have Qualifying & 50 lap L.M. Features with no heat race we would get a larger car count.

I think that is why the touring classes are doing so well.

Maye they should get rid of the Heat races for L.M.'s , and just have a longer race.

I think the drivers, teams & fans like to see a longer a race.

I agree with Waddy.

Victory Lane

waddy,

Your suggestion made a lot of sense, Leland, and after a few days of thinking it over Brian and Jim agree that the Thunder Hill Raceway Late Models will run 40-lap features this season.

I appreciate the input and good luck to all the THR LM teams this season.

Nick Holt

Maybe it should be 40 laps if they get over 10 cars. 40 laps of watching 6 late models go around in single file..........big yawn. Meanwhile your largest class that puts on the best show still runs 25 laps, and the points leaders have the distinguished honor of having to start in the back and make something happen in those 25 laps. ;)

Just more food for thought. :D

cs

Were are yall getting your information.

We have never that I can remember counted any yellows on a regular race night.

At the Big Shot we did. But that was 250 laps.

And the Streets did not run 60 laps. Unless they were qualifying. (spelling)

And I think they got to run 40 laps.

And again the yellows never counted.

And yes it would be nice to have the late models or even the streets run more laps.

But, hey get me some late models out there to score first. Cause like Chase said it is not much fun for the fans to watch 6 to 8 cars go in circles that long.

Im not trying to mean at all. Just telling it how it is.

We used to have some really great races in the late model class when we had 18 and more cars in 2002 and before.

Wonder what happened?

Oh yea, I forgot. LOL

I don't know all the history of all this TSRS vs. THR rigamaro but I do know this. If every bad thing said by Jason and the others was true, so what. This is America. If I want to start a series tomorrow, I can. If my series is more attractive to drivers than where they were racing before, Good for me. If they can do something to entice the drivers away from my series good for them. If we can get along, great, If we can't, Big Deal. THR doesn't owe any drivers anything and TSRS doesn't owe THR anything.

It doesnt matter who you are but chances are Jason isnt going to like what you have to say and he will probably have a remark and his own opinion or maybe even disagree with every thread on this website. Thats his deal. Now the point about how many laps, make it more for more cars like the points leader in street stock starts last and had twenty five laps to pass 24 cars thats one every lap and thats cutting it close. Ive seen it done but its cutting it close. Why cant yall take what TSRS does and roll a dice, every so often so its not the back every week for the points leader he may start 15 one week and 8th the next luck of the draw or roll. Im sure the drivers wouldnt care, it might even make things interesting for the fans and teams involved. Just my 2 cents.

Take care,

J.C

Archived