Interesting article

44SS

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, this is Bob Dillner. I just want you to know I do indeed enjoy ROMCO races. They have a lot of good drivers and cools tracks. This race in particular was uneventful, that's all... and anyone who watched (and I did watch the whole race from atop the Nextel Cup Vision rig on the frontstretch... not in the media center as someone stated) the event from a non-team perspective had to think the same thing.

Richardson's team mentioned in victory lane that it was their intention to race the Southeast Series this year and the entire story was driven by both Richardson and Davidson's quotes.

We cover all different forms of short track racing (and not just the stories about the drivers we do websites for). We love short track racing and hope to cover some more ROMCO in the future (as we do weekly in our LM Roundup).

Thanks so much for all of your comments, both good and bad.

Sincerely,

Bob Dillner

speed51.com

Bob,

Thank you for posting this. I hope you didn't take any of these posts as a bash on you or your writing. The opinion among the majority of the people that attended the race was the same as yours. The title of the article was a little harsh though but hey the truth hurts sometimes. I think its pretty awesome that even though your around all this Nextel Cup "stuff" you still support the short track racers. That is where the true racing is at. Keep up the good work over at your site and in broadcasting.

Jason

Thanks. I love short track racing. Hopefully there will be another ROMCO race I can catch in the near future. Good luck to everyone involved in the series. And by the way, this is a pretty cool forum. I wish they had this type of thing for regional short track racing series' when I was growing up.

BD

Bob,

Maybe you can catch the ROMCO race in San Antonio. The SA shows are always pretty good. I also hope that you stay up on Texas racing. It has had its share of ups and downs but is on the upswing again and is still very underated by those who are not aprt of it. Let us know your thoughts on where we stand from a national perspective. Thanks and keep up the good work over at speed51.

Archived