ROMCO RACE

ChuckLicata

We should be hearing from Reb pretty soon with the results, unless, of course, he happens to run into a bevy of Hooters Girls. If that's the case then we can forget about Reb posting anything for a while.

Nick Holt

Great job Chuck. I felt like I was there! Well, not exactly there, but pretty close. lol

2 cars on the lead lap??? It's surprising that 2 cars could be that much better than the rest. Obviously the TMS race presents much different challenges to the ROMCO teams than do the short tracks. Maybe some of you ROMCO folks can tell me this. What priorities change for the teams when racing at TMS vs. the short tracks? Is it more motor than chassis with the restrictor plate, or is it something else? Do they run a totally different motor altogether?

Thanks,

cs

Colt is right. I have presented this before but why not have crates at the big track only? They aren't too expensive and would be putting out a little more horsepower than the teams are now. That would put on a good field and instead of 2 cars on lead lap you'd have 20 guys on lead lap. Maybe add a roof fin like NASCAR tried too so you could have some real drafting.

Jason

I bet the fastest cars also were straight up bodies, and not offset like is run on the short tracks. Also like Colt said, the motor, a short track motor isnt run wide open the full time like the motors are at TMS, car set up is still important, but the motor and aero are the main two ingredients. Although since we dont go the TMS races I am just passing on what I have heard. BTW, great job Chuck, I closed my eyes and had my wife read the play by play.

........why not have crates at the big track only? They aren't too expensive and would be putting out a little more horsepower than the teams are now. That would put on a good field and instead of 2 cars on lead lap you'd have 20 guys on lead lap. Maybe add a roof fin like NASCAR tried too..........

Jason,

The stated goal of ROMCO on their website regarding the TMS races is to keep the cars as close as possible to the short track configuration. Of course they would be way too fast so they require the restrictor plate to keep the HP (translate speed) down. I have to agree with Colt too, $$$$ allow teams to find the most HP with the restrictor plates. You might luck into the right cam/bore/stroke/carb combination, but more likely it came from testing. It would be interesting just to know what carb each team ran (of course I'd really like to know all the above specs.

I've never read a play by play before but , Chuck it was great could not have been better. How about doing that for the Nextel Cup race.LOL :P

Robbert

C davidson

Kent baltzel (sp?) Started second to last

Jc umscheid

Bumbera got tapped from behind and sent into wall it looked like

Doug had motor problems along with tommy grimes and someone else

Several of the racers had tire problems (BLISTERS IN TIRES)

Somewhere around 6-8 cars had Bad Bad TireS after the race and during the race...

Guest stick2it

umschied was not is crew chief fore the tms race he hired sombody else

this was the only time that U.R.S was not his crewcheif during a romco race

Archived