Crazyhorse Dance and Fundraiser

GregGurley

I NOW CAN SEE WHY YOU ARE SUCH A NICE GUY, IT ALWAYS COMES FROM THE PARENTS, WITH A BIT ADDED BY THE PERSON TO MAKE A GOOD MIX. YOU ARE VERY LUCKY TO BE A PART OF A GREAT FAMILY. COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS AND YOU WILL SEE YOU HAVE A TON.YOU HAVE A LOT TO BE THANKFUL FOR.....

JOHN LASKER

I agree - I have met most of his family - (and geez they have alot of 'em!) They are all good people. They all have a great bond - one that you do not see that often. So for the Lehman/James/Medlock families, we will be there on Wednesday and Saturday. I talked with one of his grandads, Mr. Vogel, and he said alot of people have been in the firehall saying they would be there on Wednesday. Looks like it will be a great Racing Family turn out! I hope i say this for all of us....Thanks Greg, Waddell, Mary Ann for getting the word out!

The family of racing goes without saying. Shawm, you should be so proud to have this great opportunity to find out that we compete on the track and respect off the track.........Hope to see ya oin Wednesday!

I dont know about anyone else, but i am very upset that they have not got anything on thrs web site. Nick you said that they were going to get something on there and there is nothing. I guess it is a good thing that we have speedzone that way the word got out, since thr does not have anything.

artsfan,

Sorry for letting you down. I did try to get something put up about it but for some reason they did not get it posted. It might interest you to know that THR is in the process of putting up a new website.

Again, I apologize for not being able to get anything about the Benefit on the THR website.

Nick Holt

Unfortunately, John has some prior comittments he cannot get out of so we will not be able to make the firehall event tonight. He does however have something he would like to auction off for the fundraiser. Does anyone know if there will be auction items @ the track on Saturday?

Good luck tonight & everyone open your wallets & raise some money for a fellow racer!

John & Lisa Lasker

To anyone that can't be at the fundraiser on Wednesday night and want to donate items, please bring them to the track on Saturday. You can contact me or any of the officials and the track. We will try to do a silent auction to raise some more money. We will also get the drivers to "pass the helmet" sometime during the night. You can also make donations the the special fund that Nick setup. That information is in one of the previous posts. Thanks to everyone for their support. I know that Shawn was really touched by your comments and your generosity.

Greg

A Final Post

I just got home from the Benefit Dance and it was a great success. I have to thank a few people for all their help. Leland Waddell, you had a great idea and it took a lot of effort for you to get the entire band and all the equipment there to play for us. The music was great and we all appreciated it. I have to thank my wife, Kelly and daughters Dana and Jordan for their help. Thank you to my sister Jennifer who sat at the gate all night taking donations and selling catfish dinner tokens. Thanks to Nick Holt for setting up the special fund for people to donate to. Thanks to the Lehman family for everything they did to support the cause. Thank you to Clarence Vogel for donating the facility on such a short notice and cooking up that great catfish for us. Thanks to Maurene and Jerry Spencer, Josh Freeman, Big Jim, Budweiser and all the other folks that donated items for the auction. And last, thanks to all of the people that showed up, made donations, bought Catfish dinners and bid on the auction items. You are all the hero's of the night and all the proceeds you brought in went to Shawn and his family. I know Shawn really appreciated it and thanks again to everyone.

Greg Gurley

Not quite final Greg!

Most of the credit for the Shawn Paul Lehman Benefit goes to Greg Gurley. Sure, lots of folks pitched in, but it was Greg and his wife Kelly who did most of the actual work.

It was such a joy to see Shawn Paul there. He didn't look like he was gonna jump in his car (which was there, by the way) and run a 100-lapper, but he was smiling and thanking everybody in sight. Someone got him one of those tiny radio controlled race cars and he was running it all over the picnic table top.. He had it in the wall more than once too.. lol

And whoever cooked that catfish knew what they were doing. It was great! And I'll tell you what -- the Waddell Brothers Band is awesome! When they sang that Dale E. tribute song it was from the HEART!

Brian & Tracie Callaway were they as well as H.E. and Mary Ann Naumann. Most of the THR staff was able to make and a whole bunch of Shawn Paul's fellow racers and their families were there too.

It's a shame that Shawn Paul got hurt, but it sure does my heart good to see the love and concern poured out whenever one of our fellow racers needs a helping hand.

Nick Holt

Nick and Greg,

Thanks for the reports for those of us who couldn't be there. Sounds like the shindig was a great success. You guys and the others involved are worthy of a lot of praise for getting this event going.

cs

Not quite final Greg!

Most of the credit for the Shawn Paul Lehman Benefit goes to Greg Gurley. Sure, lots of folks pitched in, but it was Greg and his wife Kelly who did most of the actual work.

And whoever cooked that catfish knew what they were doing. It was great! And I'll tell you what -- the Waddell Brothers Band is awesome! When they sang that Dale E. tribute song it was from the HEART!

It's a shame that Shawn Paul got hurt, but it sure does my heart good to see the love and concern poured out whenever one of our fellow racers needs a helping hand.

Nick Holt

I was only able to show up towards the end and missed Shawn Paul :( . Heard he stayed longer than they expected. Way to go shawn! We know your going to be up and at it with this group behind you!

I too saw the care and concern from all of the fellow racers. Greg and Kelly - you and your helpers did an awsome job in such a short time! :o Remind me to contact you the next time anyone needs a shindig organized!

Waddell Brothers were sounding great, as usual. The catfish was yummmm-goooood, as usual...wish they'd bring that cooker to the track! .... anyone thrown a hint at them?

But, the companionship was worth more than Shawn good have imagined! It was more than we imagined. Glad I got to see it first hand. Greg, Kelly, Leland, Nick, Mary Ann, the Sandefers, and all those who contributed to this shindig - we want you kind of guys behind all of us even during the good times! I hope I say this for all involved in racing!

THose of you who could not make it - it was a worthwhile trip. Greg said he is taking some stuff to the track for a continuation of the silent auction - so anyone who didn't get something there at the fire hall - you can stiull bring it out to the track on Saturday!

Shawn Paul - hope tp see ya at the track - glad to hear your getting up and around! You have a great group of family and friends standing there for you!

Life is a circle..........just remember to keep turning left!

This is to everyone that contributed all the time and effort for the benefit

last night. It along with all the prayers that have been out there for Shawn have had alot to do with his recovery. I think he has always known that he had alot of freinds. I'm sure that now he knows those good freinds are GREAT freinds.

Greg, Kelly, Leland (and his band), The Firehall, Jerry and Maureen (I hate to start naming names because there were so many) a very special thanks to all of you.

Also Big Jim I saw your pants and shoes, where were you?

Cheryl

Archived