Crazyhorse Dance and Fundraiser

GregGurley

The date and location is set. Mark your calendar. All donations and proceeds will go to Shawn Lehman and his family.

Wednesday, April 7th, 7:00pm at the Manchaca Firehall

Leland Wadell and the band will be playing. We will take donations at the door for the dance. Clarence Vogel will let us have the Firehall and he will sell beer and set-ups. We need to have some more volunteers to help organize and give their ideas. Cary or Chase, could you activate the phone committee to start spreading the word to the drivers. There have been a lot of people interested in donating items for a sale or auction. Could someone volunteer to coordinate that event? If anyone has ideas about serving food and interested in coordinating that, please let me know. We also need someone to set up a fund at a bank so people that can't be at the dance can make donations. Let me know if anyone will be interested in this. Nick, could you talk with Brian and see if we could get this posted on the Thunderhill Website? Here are all of my numbers if you need to contact me. Lets spread the word and dig deep for Shawn.

Greg Gurley

Home: 280-2895

Work: 929-4651

Greg,

I contacted Brian just a few minutes ago and he said that Tracie will contact Norm to get the information up on the THR website (which is being completely redesigned, by the way).

Brian also said that he's all for passing the helmet during the THR races on the 10th.

I plan on driving up for the Crazyhorse Dance if someone will give me directions on how to get to the Firehall.

Regarding food. What about Joe, the guy who cooked up that amzaing BBQ for the Points Fund Benefit a week ago? Or the folks who cooked up that really good catfish for the THR banquet last fall.

Nick Holt

GUNDOG26,

If you're not going to the Crazyhorse Dance & Fundraiser, you can always put some money into the helmet that will be passed around on Saturday, April 10th at THR.

I am also trying to set up a deal with Security Service Federal Credit Union to provide a safe place to donate money. I will post the address as soon as I can work the deal with SSFCU.

I would volunteer to collect the money, but all it takes is one donation to get lost in the mail and your good name is gone forever. So, hang on until we can get the credit union thing going.

Thanks

Nick Holt

Nick, I live a couple of lots over from Shawn and Crystal....and about a mile and a half from the Fire Hall. If you or anyone else need directions I will be glad to help. I suppose Norm could also put a map on the THR website when he posts the fundraiser.

IDEA! have those a few times.....

Has abyone contacted Shawn's Dad or Junior to have his 5 car or 15 car at the track next Saturday so the iones that don't know him by name - but by car visual, would know. It would be cool to have it at the hall during the fundraiser too.

So proud to be a part of such a great group.

Directions:

The Manchaca Firehall is located South of Austin and West of IH-35.

If you are coming North on IH-35 from Kyle, take the "Slaughter Creek Overpass" Exit #226. Go left on the overpass and left on the service road going back South. Take the next right on FM 1626. Stay on FM 1626. After the second traffic light look for the Firehall on your right, across the street from McCoys Building Supply.

If you are coming South on IH-35 from Austin, take the "Onion Creek Parkway" Exit #225. Take the next right on FM 1626. Stay on FM 1626. After the second traffic light look for the Firehall on your right, across the street from McCoys Building Supply.

The address is:

1310 FM 1626

Manchaca, TX. 78652

Phone: 282-3600

post-2-1081089858_thumb.jpg

the car will be at the track for sure Sat but as far as dusting off the fire suit , it has not been gathering dust . there was just circumstances that that prevented it from being used last year. I can make the arrangments to have it at the dance also if it is the desire of the people promoting the affair.

junior:

I just got home from spending the afternoon with Shawn watching the race and he had a nice long conversation with Colt on the phone.

They have taken all of the tubes and IV"s off to see how will do and started giving him something other than a liquid diet. They are having him get up and walk some but he is still sore and will be for sometime. Nothing decided about when he will get to go home but if it was up to him he would be out of there.

Junior:

For anyone wanting to donate to the Shawn Paul Lehman fund, I have set up a special account at Security Service Federal Credit Union (one of the largest Credit Unions in the country).

To donate, send a check or money order made out to Shawn Paul Lehman Special Fund and send to:

SSFCU

Shawn Paul Lehman Acct #4875560000

P.O. Box 691530

San Antonio, TX 78269-1510

Be sure to include the Account number in the address.

If you have cash you want to donate, give it to me and I will write a check for that amount to the fund.

See everyone Wednesday at the Firehall.

Nick Holt

Here is the latest details:

The Benefit Dance will be held at:

The Manchaca Firehall

Wednesday, April 7th

7:00pm

Directions and map to the Firehall is above in a previous post.

The Waddell Brothers will be playing.

A donation/cover charge will be collected at the door.

You can purchase all-you-can-eat Catfish dinners and there will be beer and soft drinks available.

We will also be having a raffle or silent auction and some people will have racing parts for sale.

All proceeds and donations will go to Shawn Lehman and his family.

Nick Holt has set up a Special Fund for people to donate to. That information is above in a previous post.

I don't have any other volunteers yet to help out. I know that someone will have Shawn's car there so I don't think we have to worry about that. We need volunteers to collect donations at the gate. We also need volunteers to work on the silent auction or some kind of raffle. If you want to donate an item bring it with you on Wednesday. I need someone to collect these items, set them up for display and come up with the best plan to raffle/auction them. This should not take up too much of your time and I'll help where I can. There were a lot of people wanting to help Shawn out and this is your chance. Please contact me by phone or PM me if you would like to help or you have items to donate.

Thanks,

Greg Gurley

Work: 929-4651

Home: 280-2895

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

We have been out of town since last Wednesday, Kim McKim & Dean Sandefur were keeping us updated as to Shawn Paul's accident & condition, I had no way to get this information to the TSRS email group list any sooner, we passed the information that we had to everyone we saw @ TMS and I sent it to the TSRS email group list this afternoon. He and his family have certainly been in our prayers and thoughts! Hope to see everyone there this Wednesday, Shawn Paul is such a giving, loving person and deserves our support. Now, this is what this website should be famous for, RACERS HELPING RACERS! :wub:

I DON'T HAVE WORDS THAT COULD EXPRESS MY EMOTIONS FOR YOU GUYS...

I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY IN THIS SITIUATION... I'M VERY THANKFUL FOR ALOT OF THINGS IN MY LIFE, AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO ACCEPT THIS BUT I APPRECIATE IT...I WOULD'NT SAY I'M AN EMOTIONAL PERSON ,IN THIS WAY-BUT YOU GUYS REALLY SHOOK ME UP...

THANX EVERYBODY- SHAWN PAUL

OH YEAH- I'M HOME . GOT OUT TODAY AROUND 3:30. FEEL LIKE A BIG PILE OF BRUISED,USELESS STUFF, BUT I'M VERY THANKFUL...

I will be there to help out my fellow racer and buddy but what are we looking at that is up for auction. I am a racers do dont have to much money but if it looks like some good stuff I might just have to wipe the dust off the check book and do some shopping ( oh wait I have allready done that to get that car ready) but hell I will still bring the check book.

So what is up for auction if I might ask?

waddy has some parts what about others.

Jay simon

SHAWN PAUL, I BET YOU FEEL WAY BETTER TO BE HOME, YOUR PARENTS PARKED NEXT TO ME AT TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY, I NOW CAN SEE WHY YOU ARE SUCH A NICE GUY, IT ALWAYS COMES FROM THE PARENTS, WITH A BIT ADDED BY THE PERSON TO MAKE A GOOD MIX. YOU ARE VERY LUCKY TO BE A PART OF A GREAT FAMILY. COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS AND YOU WILL SEE YOU HAVE A TON. I WILL BE AT THE DANCE AND WILL BE DONATING AS WELL AS BRING SOME PARTS FOR THE AUCTION. GET WELL SOON AND KEEP YOUR CHIN UP, YOU HAVE A LOT TO BE THANKFUL FOR.....

JOHN LASKER

Archived