Nascarts Last night at HMP

Sonic Racing

Thanks for your concern of our naskarts driver! He was checked out by the track safety officials when he got off the track, and he is doing fine! No problems to report. He said he was a little sore but that was all. The rear bumper did it's job well and his safety equipment kept him safe without injuries. The kart was the #8 and the driver was Stephen pepper. A couple of new parts for the kart and he will be racing this weekend at thunderill in the spectacular.

Thanks for your concern of our naskarts driver! He was checked out by the track safety officials when he got off the track, and he is doing fine! No problems to report. He said he was a little sore but that was all. The rear bumper did it's job well and his safety equipment kept him safe without injuries. The kart was the #8 and the driver was Stephen pepper. A couple of new parts for the kart and he will be racing this weekend at thunderill in the spectacular.

That is great to hear. Never like to see anyone get hurt.

Pepper started the race on the outside pole and lost it coming off four to take the checkered (opps... I meant green... LOL) He spun around and backed into the wall - hard. His helmet made solid contact with that wall as if he had been rear-ended at a traffic light. I bet he saw stars for a bit ... and that whiplash will have his neck sore for more than just a day or two...

Nick

Luckily for pepper, he wears a hans device. So the whiplash did not happen. He did hit his helmet against the wall, but he said he did not get his bell rung. In fact, he was hoping the rain would let up so we could still race. He also said today that he is not as sore as even he expected. Nick, it was the green flag for the heat race we were coming to. We never completed a lap.

... Nick, it was the green flag for the heat race we were coming to. We never completed a lap.

Of course you're absolutely correct. Have no idea why I typed "checkered" instead of "green"...

Nick

... Nick, it was the green flag for the heat race we were coming to. We never completed a lap.

Of course you're absolutely correct. Have no idea why I typed "checkered" instead of "green"...

Nick

I guess Nick is a comedian now. Making fun of a driver that could have been injured.

Archived