TPS Races for Championship

TPS Races for Championship

To be won October 10 at Thunderhill Raceway

The 2009 Texas Pro Sedans Championship will be determined on Saturday night, October 10th at the final season race when the TPS touring series races at the 13th annual “Thunderhill Raceway Stock Car Spectacular”.

Going into the October 10th event, Mike Merrell leads his nearest competitor Tom Johnson by a margin of only 6 points for the 2009 TPS Championship title. Merrell has 157 points. Johnson has 151 points. Ironically, both drivers make their homes in Kingsland, Texas.

A total of 23 points is within reach of a driver scoring a “clean sweep” by earning all 3 pre-race bonus points and by winning the fastest driver point bonus breaking the existing TPS track record of 16.832 seconds. A new qualifying record is worth 3 points. The fastest driver posting a non-record time wins a one point bonus. The driver who wins the TPS feature race will earn 17 points.

In the event of a points tie, Merrell has already won the “tie breaker” by winning 6 Texas Pro Sedans feature races during the 2009 season. Johnson has won two TPS feature races.

The 2009 “Rookie-of-the-Year” title has already been clinched by Tory Christopher of Universal City, Texas.

The October 10 Texas Pro Sedans race format will consist of 2 Qualifying time trial laps at 5:00pm followed by a 34 lap Feature Race at 7:00pm for the TPS four cylinder stock cars. The Feature Race length of 34 laps will salute TPS’s 34th consecutive season. A large field of 25 TPS cars and drivers have filed their entries. Race rules will allow 20 cars on the starting grid.

The “Thunderhill Raceway Stock Car Spectacular” special event is the largest race of the season at the Kyle Texas 3/8 mile asphalt track located just north of San Marcos at exit #210 on Interstate 35.

For race entry information contact:

Neil Upchurch

TPS Race & Administrative Director

TPS Office > 210/ 655-3222 Phone & Fax

or by e-mail > neilupchurch@sbcglobal.net

i want to say good luck to both ...... to bad we wont be up there to miss with you guys ..lol ..

chicken

you know i aint a chicken .. i do love fried .baked .boiled ..broiled ...bbq .chicken ...........but to be a chicken ...nah .just give me your car for this race and ill show im not chicken .which car do you want me to take out ..you know ihad practice on lalo.s car ..

Archived