LAST NIGHT IN WACO

lilmodified

what an incredible weekend of racing in waco!! i was there both nights and i can't really pick a favorite night...although, i haven't seen the winged mods in a long time..was great to see them again!

i really don't even know where to start! lol! there were plenty of cars in every class that was there, and it was never boring. rebel did a great write-up about the weekend (thx, rebel! and it was great to meet ya!! ) so i just wanted to say what a blast it was!!

my daughter had never seen the mini-sprints before, and for those that know she wants a dwarf...guess what? she's thinking, now, she may want a mini...she still has a year to decide <_< , but they are a fun class to watch!

the earth-rumbling pro-mods, as always, brought the fun, excitement and ground-pounding race we always expect of them. never a dull moment with these guys!!

then, we have the winged mods...they never had a lacking moment of excitement, themselves! they have no problem rivaling the sight, sound, smell and feel of the pro-mods...and are every bit as entertaining! it was a blast to see y'all back on the track this close to home! my friend, david forbis, unfortunately was unable to bring his wing due to illness...take care dave, and get well soon! :)

i can't even remember all the other classes that attended (only had 3 hrs. sleep fri night, and still haven't caught up! but, it was well worth it!) but we had fun with y'all, as well!!

...then, there's my beloved sport-mods!! after a month of no race action, i think i had gone into with-drawals!! :lol: and, what a fix i got!! we started with 50+ cars and when it was all said and done, it was (for me) the best dirt show i've seen so far this season! plenty of excitement and action and, as always, these lil "hot-rods with attitude" brought all the bumps, bangs, taps and speed that we have come to expect from them. and, congrats to JP for taking home the trophy! way to go!

the temps were perfect for both nights of action, and you couldn't ask for better weather after all the drowning rain we've had lately. huge thanks to all the drivers/teams that brought us a fantastic weekend of racing excitement!! and, thanks to HOT for letting us come play on their "playground"! :D and, if your reading this and didn't attend this weekend, all i can say is "i'm sorry...." 'cause you missed a helluva lotta fun!!

finally (because it's me, and i'm home-track loyal and sport-mod crazy ;) ) don't forget, everyone, that we have the spectacular coming up october 9th & 10th at THR!! i put out the flyers for this last night and talked to a few drivers and got a couple more interested sport-mod parties wanting to come play with us!! if anyone has any questions about the spectacular, or knows anyone that would be interested in joining us, please pm me on here and i will get back with you..or, you can call don painter at browning auto parts for info....

again...it was an awesome weekend of racing!! thanks, again, to everyone who "brought the fun"!!!

Could somebody please tell me when the next big event is for Heart of texas speedway...haven't been there in years and loved the mods and sprints when we came!

their website is www.heartoftexasspeedway.com ...and, their schedule is on there....

Good to see don Painter back @ HOT. I saw him run @ the end of the season last year, and again this year. Don is a very good shoe, but seem to have not figured out the Sport-Mod yet. I tried to run with hm in the 1981 Hobby class. Don won the Championship I ended up 8th. Kenny Bruce Sr. #14 was about his only real compatition. Here is two pic's of his dad Gene in 1974. He was runner-up that year in the Stock Class.

post-3842-1254779643.jpg

post-3842-1254780186.jpg

Archived