Ragged looking bunch at SAS

NickHolt

Pete Peters snapped this shot back in 1993 or 1994 at San Antonio Speedway.

I can name a few of the SAS officials in this pic, but some names escape me. Can you help?

post-3-1253932936.jpg

I'll get you started. Kneeling at the left is Gene Mortich, who served as the Engine Tech official. And, of course that's me conducting the meeting.

Who are the rest?

Nick

wait....what is that unusual object hanging from the wall on the left side of the building? Is that some sorta vending device?? :lol:

1994....I believe I was having my first "make out" under the bleachers of the wonderfull SAS.

looks like something nick made .just walk up dial for position .wonder if it worked ..the rest of the bunch sitting around looks like the bad news bear's ..

I'm not saying my driver's meetings were dull, but we had to go around and wake everyone up afterwards. I even fell asleep mid-sentence one time.

One of the gentlemen in the pic has to be Randy Hubbard who was my flagman - later he was the flagman at THR for several years. Randy was one of the best ever - he seemed to have eyes in the back of his head and was one step ahead of the racing all the time.

Nick

Archived