SAS 3/22/03 races cancelled

NickHolt

From what I understood the reason they decided not to race was that the outer grounds (parking) was too wet or soggy and they didn't want folks getting stuck. The interior from what I understood was fine. Also due to the schedule I guess this means now that we will have no more racing for 2 weeks. Gotta love Mother Nature!

I don't want to talk bad about SAS, I live north of S.A. and it rained kinda hard this am but it sounds like SAS didn't want to lose any money this weekend. To all those that went last weekend how was the crowd?

Acually SAS probrobly loses money when they don't open , also its 4:50 on my clock and I'm hearing hard thunder, so it was a good choice not to make it a go today. I guess they have a direct line to accuweather or Mike hired Albert Flores lol...In respect to wether SAS loses money or not if they are closed they don't make anything at all. Last week they had roughly 35 36 cars show up figure at $25 a pit pass that is $900 add an average of 5 people a car not including the driver some had more some had less that is $4500 so just there that is $5000 now you look at the stands which were not full you may have had 600 to 800 people in the stands figure that is around $2000 to $4000 depending on the number of seniors and kiddos. So now we are at somewhere around 8 to $10,000 on gate reciepts. I wish I hadn't thrown away my sheet with the payouts but I think between the two classes I would guess around a 4 to 5 k payout. Now all of these are estimates but here is another little tid-bit. The Dash For Cash that was after the last feature was not sched. and payed $250 to the winner. Now if they were losing money that night they didn't have to run that race. Thats my two cents worth. Now on the other hand Wildracer may be right but thats what I know...

Marc

Archived