Lets get started

videomama

Just a thought..... Put all the names that have been suggested on a list here in the forums in their respective catagories, owners/operators, workers/officials, and racers and let the general public vote once each in each catorgory and induct the top 3 in each catorgory. That will give you 9 inductees to get started with 60 years of excitement for the Hall of Fame for CC Speedway.

I'll Start. These are my votes. Michael Carlock

owner/operator - Donnie & Carol Yocum - they made the changes to the track that makes it what it is today.

workers/staff - Walter Schumacher - Not only did he flag for many years at the track, but he did so many other things to help, the list would take up this whole page. One would be, pumping water off the track after rains like we have been having so we could go racing.

drivers - Frank Hoch - For his courage to get in a car that the door opened on, no fire suit, and a hard hat for a helmet and race for the enjoyment of the spectators. Picture included

post-3-1252696440.jpg

I will second owner/operator Donnie & Carol Yocum, totally responsible for where the track is today

I will also second workers/staff Walter Schumacher, great flagman, even greater person

Driver, I will go with Dub Rollins, supported the track for many years winning multiple championships

Duane Jones

P S that is a great pic Micheal

Archived