Thinking about doing Live Updates from CC Speedway

NickHolt

Is there Wi-Fi internet access in the press box?

If not, is there a good AT&T cell phone signal at CC Speedway? I need a strong AT&T signal to hook up to the internet using my air card.

Is there room in the tower for an old fart with a computer?

Nick

Overcast and mild temps here at CC Speedway. I just pulled into the parking lot so I'm running a bit late. Will have the blog up in half an hour or so..

If you're in the CC area, it's not wet here although I did go through a few showers an hour north of the track... all going East so should be no problem.

Nick

It was really fun having you at the races tonight, Nick. I want more of those live updates at CC Speedway next season...lol.

just slip nick some gas money and keep food comeing and he'd be there every night ..you know he isnt getting paid .so be the first ....

AT&T gets a great signal at the track. I personally have AT&T with my phone and have never had problems out there.

There's plenty of room in the press box. Come on down! We'll get you set up.

:rolleyes: Nick :rolleyes: ,

I just asked Donna about streaming video a while back and I wouyld love to see this stuff live. As it is, I have to rely on OT and others to keep me posted on events. I would gladly get up at 0 dark thirty to watch streaming video if that's what your talking about. I have a big fan base with Sailors and Marines that work with me over here. We watch the video's that Donna posts every week. Thanks for the consideration in making this happen.

:ph34r: Dennis (aka: Desert COP) :ph34r: making things happen in the middle-east on two fronts.

We'd love to do live streaming video from all the Texas tracks, but there is this little matter coming up with the resources needed to produce a quality live video production.

Thanks for all the sacrifices you are making to serve the country.

Nick

What I have thought about doing for next season is a live internet radio show. There is a site called Blog Talk Radio that does internet radio shows. I used to have a talk show about professional wrestling on their site. However, the problem with it is that you have to (at least you used to have to, not sure about now) control the show by phone and computer at the same time. Not only would that rack up my cell phone minutes (to the tune of 960+ minutes per month just on the show alone), but that would cause me to need to be in the press box the entire night, which I really don't want to do because I like interviewing the winners on the track at the end of the features.

Archived