THR Practice Saturday 4/3/04

car05

It would be nice if you guys could have practice sat cause my work is getting ready to move to a new location and thursday night practice is lookin pretty iffy. But if yall dont want to do it I guess that means april 17th is gonna be real fun for me.

Josh42 -- I just talked to Brian and said he is willing to rent the track during daylight hours to any responsible party (or responsible group) who needs the track time.

Brian will be out of town over next weekend, but I would be available to open the track and man the broom (I'm getting good at that - LOL) or whatever. Of course, there would be no safety crew and no fuel or tires available. PM or email me if you are interested.

corvette john -- I wish I were going to TMS this weekend instead of facing that list of "honey do's."

Nick Holt

I wish I were going to TMS this weekend instead of facing that list of "honey do's."

Nick Holt

Hey Nick...

Does your wife make you "push the broom" as well? :lol::lol::lol:

By the way..great job at THR this past weekend. You and your corner workers (and flagman Randy) all seemed to be on the same page, and you guys did well for the first night of working together. You also made the calls clear enough that I heard your decision THE FIRST TIME and never had to ask you to repeat a call..that helped me tell the fans what the call was so they knew (not that they AGREED with every call, by the way, haha).. :)

Oh..did I mention I'll be up at TMS this Wednesday thru Sunday? :P:D

anyone who is interested in practice on Saturday. Please post your name and phone number, we are trying to get enough cars together to either rent the track or get them to open. So far we have eight cars that say they will be there.

Drivers that say they will be there if the track allows it (sorry about the spelling of everyones names):

Chris Birmingham/SS

Terry Scherner/SS

Duanne Toine/SS

Robert Walton/ART

Chuck Scheonfield/ART

Marc Currey/LLM

Robert Stewart/LLM

James Reeder/LLM

car05,

THR has agreed to rent the track to any responsible group with the understanding that there will be NO safety or clean up crew there. Also, there will be no THR gas or tire vender available that day.

Again, be aware that THR is not organizing this practice, just renting the track to a responsible group of racers.

Nick Holt

car05,

is that for all ten cars?

Yes. The price is the same whether you bring 10 cars or 1 car or 20 cars.

In other words, it doesn't matter how many cars you round up to practice on Saturday, the price would be the same. Of course, the more you can round up, the lower the cost for each individual team.

Nick Holt

Anyone who is interested we have a group of people together to rent the track for Sat. (April 3) from 1: pm to 5: pm. Right now the cost per car will be $50.00; the price will drop approximately 10% with each additional car. This offer doesn’t only apply to Thunderhill classes any touring series cars are welcome to participate.

Thanks,

MC

Raining pretty hard in scattered showers here in San Antonio right now (7:00 a.m.). Radar shows lots of showers behind the current rain.

Forcast calling for heavy rain later today and early Saturday. Then blowing over by late Saturday afternoon. Hey.. maybe there's hope !

Nick Holt

Archived