THUNDER ON THE HILL

lilmodified

if you weren't at thunder hill last night then you missed one very, VERY loooooooooooong but, oh so THRILLING night!!! and, i believe that "mr. murphy" musta been in the house, cause anything that COULD happen, DID happen!! wow! the night lasted 'til 12:30 (and, yes...i stayed 'til the bitter end, much to the chagrin of my very tired & grouchy daughter :D ...she's glad she stayed now, tho...after some sleep!)

i'm glad the lady in the pit-stands will be ok, and hope the same for the crew member....

as for the rest of the night....we had 19 late models & 16 pro mods....and a whole boat-load of others!!!! not a single class was disappointing at any point! it was one of the most exciting nights of racing i've had at thr!!!

the only thing that coulda made the night even better would have been to see some pro-stock trucks....and, of course, my dear sport-mods!!! ;)

and, a HUGE shout-out goes to maryann and the whole thr crew!!! when i arrived, i made a "pit-stop" and visited with mickey...then, with jerry...i finally found deb in her office in a huge rush to get to the tower, and lucked into finding maryann "directing traffic".....things were frenzied and hurried at this point, but as the night went on, and crazy things happened to hold up the races and eat up time, maryann and the whole crew busted butt and did a fantastic job keeping the show going!!!! yes, it ran late, but was well worth the stay to see the whole thing!! even cutting laps off a few of the races didn't make it any less exciting! so...WAY TO GO THR CREW!!! Y'ALL ROCK!!

now...as i said, i visited with jerry and checked on the tires we have (giant thanks to bluemoon & yellow 6 for the tires we have so far!!!)....as it is now, we have 4 complete sets and i have rounded up a few more tires that aren't at the track, yet...but we still need more. if anyone has any they wanna donate, please pm me, drop them off w/jerry at the track, or call don painter and he will arrange to have them picked up for you. all the tires will be stored at the track until we need them (thanks, jerry!). if anyone has any other questions, please pm me....

again, it was a fantastic and very interesting night! i arrived late, so i did not get to meet many of y'all, but i will do my best to mingle better next time...it was great to see everyone on the track, tho...and a huge thanks to all the drivers/teams that came out to play with us!!

i also wanna thank all the fans that stuck it out with me! by the time we left, there were only bout 1/2 the original folks still in the stands, but it was a great turn-out!! and, about 1/3 of the people there were 1st-timers to thr....what a show they saw!!!

lilmodified,

First of all, it was great meeting you. I just wish we could have visited a bit longer.

Thank you for your comments about last night's race. There was so much going on behind the scenes, and we tried very hard to make things go better. We hope we don't have another "midnight run" again this year. I've been working at race tracks for a while, and this time of year is probably the most challenging for the racing staff. The drivers are racing hard for points, and the staff starts getting worn out from a long, hot summer of racing.

Although we know we have plenty of room for improvement, your comments about what went right really helps keep us going. A little encouragement goes a long way right now.

Thanks again, and I hope to talk with you again soon.

noone can ever say yah dont work hard at putting on the best show.. noone can every say yah dont put your drivers and fans safty in second place ..i say yah have one of the best management teams a race track can have ..and yah never think we are good enough .always looking to improve and make things better ......yah always take what little time to say high when you have so many things that have toget done .. i always see a smile on yahs face though your dobbers are draging three feet behind yah ....... if thier was a national trophie for race track management i would put my vote in for thunderhill..

Archived