Sneak Peak

texana55

Here's a little preview of an Texana Bomber / SOS Pure Stocker for 2010. We still need to order and install the nosepiece Grand Prix graphics. We have more pics we'll post with a news release soon on LSSZ. We've got an application in to show the car at the Houston Autorama in November, along with another car recently put out by Outlaw Chassis.

Get ready gentlemen, I think the young lady is gonna bring the A game for 2010 in the Bombers ;) . As for ole Monty, I'll get continue racing the old tail dragging Nova when opportunity allows.

Driver: Lauren Chamberlain

Frame & Suspension: 85 Monte Carlo

Body: 96 Grand Prix

Graphics: Big Worm Motorsports

Car Builder: Outlaw Chassis / Eric Martin

Laurensnewcar014.jpg

Laurensnewcar007.jpg

That is awesome! B) Is that a sunroof? :blink: Great job on the car, I know Lauren is gonna be proud to drive that thing.

Thanks. Yes sir, it is moon/sun roof. Some one asked about it on another forum, and one of our friends said "that's so she can work on her tan"....lol.....

Anyway, this body came from a 96 GP with a moon roof. I scouted out a 92 with a full roof from Craigslist and picked that up in Austin in November, and within a week later also picked up the 96 with the moonroof in Sugar Land. The guy with the 96 was in hot water with his dad needing to get it out of the garage and told me if I would come pick it up quick and bring him a case of beer, I could have it. We wanted to have two bodies for skinning as needed over the next few years... The builder wanted to use the 96 when I told him about it. He built a street stock for the Texas Grand last year and built it with a moon roof and that looked pretty sharp.

At present the moon roof is primarily for show. If we get our space at the Autorama, we'll show it this way, and just after the first of the year will be putting a cover over it for 2010 season. Probably smoke lexan like the side rear windows.

I get to typing and get carried away, but a little history on this. Last summer during the 2008 season, I talked Kenny Montgomery from Huntsville into coming to race with us one night. Kenny had an Outlaw Chassis car tht was also on a metric chassis and had a 90's something cadillac body on it. The promotions side of my brain had the wheels start turning. Lauren turned 14 in June of 2008, and getting a pretty good feel that she really seemed to share as much passion for dirt track racing as I did, I started calculating out into the future. I figured, if I'm lucky, she'll stay interested in dirt track racing thru her high school years. Just after Kenny visited Texana, I started talking with him some more about his car and one day I was thumbing thru the Speedway magazine for some parts and a car with a GP body jumped out at me. I found the same car on the web. I took my picture with me to the Grand last year and met Eric Martin. I asked him if he could do something like that and he said sure. Interestingly enough the 90's FWD GP's had a wheel base within 1/2" of the metric cars so it made it fairly easy to match. Eric told me what it would cost. I went out and found a metric car for the chassis and then the two GP's for the body overlay.

Mr. Martin is truly an artist at what he's doing over there, and he pretty much specializes in the fender cars. He is extremely particular about safety. On our side, we figured we need to do our part. We purchased a full containment seat and are on the fence between getting a Hans devise or the Dfender system. Leaning more and more to Hans

When I saw the later model bodies that Eric was doing on his cars, I knew quickly this would be something that would be good for generating interest especially among the younger fans. Personally, I'm estatic that my daughter enjoys this hobby and love seeing the young girls like Patricia Lucas, Ashley Perks, Sarah Konvicka and the others out there racing. The fans seem to really enjoy the lady drivers and that's good for the sport.

Archived