TIRE QUESTION

89 CREWMEMBER

MONTY I HAVE A QUESTION IM SURE U COULD CLEAR UP FOR ME. THIS WAS POSTED AWHILE BACK BY YOURSELF

"Don't worry about buying new tires for this weekend. Use them up in the front just like you're planning, but please do not buy any more of the soft Hoosiers. At Texana we are going back to where we were when the season started which is the old Hoosier and the AR. The soft Hoosiers will be allowable on the front until used up and then we'll be back to where we started."

AFTER LOOKING AT SOME PICTURES I HAVE NOTICED AND NOTICED WHILE I WAS THERE SOME CARS WITH HOOSIERS ALL THE WAY AROUND. HAS THIS BEEN OVERTURNED.

MONTY I HAVE A QUESTION IM SURE U COULD CLEAR UP FOR ME. THIS WAS POSTED AWHILE BACK BY YOURSELF

"Don't worry about buying new tires for this weekend. Use them up in the front just like you're planning, but please do not buy any more of the soft Hoosiers. At Texana we are going back to where we were when the season started which is the old Hoosier and the AR. The soft Hoosiers will be allowable on the front until used up and then we'll be back to where we started."

AFTER LOOKING AT SOME PICTURES I HAVE NOTICED AND NOTICED WHILE I WAS THERE SOME CARS WITH HOOSIERS ALL THE WAY AROUND. HAS THIS BEEN OVERTURNED.

I wasn't advised that it had been overturned, but I have noticed this also. When Bruce asked me to post the subject, he intentended to cover it at a driver's meeting. But, I don't think that ended up happening. I'm out of town this week, but Bruce and I have a meeting early to mid next week to review the remainder of 2009 events, and i will discuss this, and post following that disucssion.

It'll take til next week for us to connect, but didn't want to ignore the question.

thx - Monty

Honestly, I really dont see the need to not allow the new hoosier 500, if the AR 500 is going to be allowed, mainly because they are the same tire with different names, same tread, same compound. It boils down to personal preference now. your choice of four different tire depending on where you run mainly. I really havent seen any advantage of the new hoosier 500 over the AR 500. I personally want to keep my new hoosier, simply because of availability to me. This post was not designed to start the tire thing all over again, just my own personal thoughts on the subject.

Ummmmmmmm....lmr21 weren't you one of the guys that told me how much the new Hoosier's sucked because they burned off so fast?

Nope, wasnt me, I have six nights on the original set I bought and still running them. Mickey on the other hand hated them. Which brings me back to my last statement....personal preference...lol

post-3-1250895574.jpg

the right rear is in the picture and that tire has been there since I mounted it..six races ago, thats twelve races if you count heats and features half in edna half at sos. Granted it almost junk now but you know what?, I am going to run it one more time, mainly because im poor...lol

And, the answer is.....We have two events remaining for the 2009 season. The tires can be used up this season. Doesn't matter if it's on the front or back or whatever, they can be used for the remaining events at Texana.

Archived