HRP or Battleground?

racehappy08

I was hoping to go watch some dirt track racing in the Houston area this weekend. Does anyone know which track has been getting better car counts or should have a better turn out this coming saturday? Any racing on dirt gets the blood flowing, wondering if one track puts on a better show than the other?

Battleground has been gettng the better car counts.

But your choice may have just gotten easier.

Starting this Firday, Battleground has switched to running on Fridays. HRP is still running on Saturdays.

Battleground has switched to running on Fridays

CC, don't you mean Battleground was FORCED to go to Friday nights? <_<:angry:

happy08, you also have the choice of Gator Motorplex(Willis) or 105 Speedway(Cleveland) on Saturday nights.

As far as Modified counts, they are pretty split between the tracks(8-12)....ya those Outlaw rules are sure the way to go......sorry I digressed

Limited mods get about 16-20 per track.

The fender classes are good at 105, Gator and Battleground.

It's sad that the finest facility in the area, HRP, can't do better on car counts......

Battleground has switched to running on Fridays

CC, don't you mean Battleground was FORCED to go to Friday nights? <_<:angry:

I have mixed emotions on that one Reb.

While yes I agree it does "appear" that HRP was putting the "Wal Mart" approach (volume discount pricing, drive the small owner out of business, etc.) on BGS, tha's is capialism at its finest.

[edited out by Nick Holt, 8/19/09]

And IMHO, I think BGS should have stayed the course and continued to operate on Saturdays. While it was stated in the driver's meeting they need 70+ cars to operate in the black, the BGS car count was growing while HRP's wasn't. And I would have liked to have seen more evidence of an effort to improve on the front gate to offset the BGS operating cost.

But we digest ... :blink:

happy08, you also have the choice of Gator Motorplex(Willis) or 105 Speedway(Cleveland) on Saturday nights.

As far as Modified counts, they are pretty split between the tracks(8-12)....ya those Outlaw rules are sure the way to go......sorry I digressed

While I race an "Outlaw" Mod, I would like to see a houston area IMCA track. Might help my wallet.

It's sad that the finest facility in the area, HRP, can't do better on car counts......

One of their actions which contributed to and still influences their car count is the track configuration. Takes "circle" track racing to a whole new literal understanding :rolleyes:

I know that is why I and many others choose not to run there.

But once again, I digest (I just crack myself up...)

Archived