Junior Medlock returns to racing!

debwill

Junior Medlock took the wheel on the #5 SportMod at Thunderhill Raceway last night. This 70+ legend joined his grandson, Shawn Paul Lehman (aka Crazyhorse) in the SportMod feature race.

post-29-1249827708.jpg

post-29-1249827822.jpg

Photos by Tory Christopher

he is 79!

this man has been my mentor,my bestfriend,,,,and my hero for as long as i can remember.i feel very blessed, and i'm very proud of him.how many guys get the chance to say they raced with their grandad?,,,,,,over two decades.

-in case he fails to mention-

other than the tube work, he build that car in a week and a half. procrastination,,keeps ya on your toes.

huge THANX to terry james.

Edited by Crazyhorse

I noticed the #5 on his car. Im to lazy to do a search so I'll just ask....Was that his old number? If not then what was it? Just curious.

When we first started racing at THR, Junior and Shawn ran twin super stocks. They were 5 and 15, and I believe Junior's was the 5 car.

The Daisy next to his name over the door is special too - in remembrance of his late wife Daisy I'm sure.

Junior, Sorry I missed your return to the oval but the

heat kind of got too me Friday and pretty much ended

any plans I had for Saturday. But I definitely will be

there to see you next time.

And I want to take a few pics of you and the car. :D

When we first started racing at THR, Junior and Shawn ran twin super stocks. They were 5 and 15, and I believe Junior's was the 5 car.

The Daisy next to his name over the door is special too - in remembrance of his late wife Daisy I'm sure.

Those 2 Nova's had quite a few wins.