concessions at thr

ProTree

heard they had new people running the concession stand at thr- i thought i was at tms instead of thr sat nite-cold burger and a coke-$$$$-and i heard more than a few people sitting around me complain about it-whats your thought?

must be a conspiracy.

The pit concession food at SAS is cold, old and high priced too.

I heard there was new people running it also.

I tried a french fry from a friend that he paid 2 bucks for and the thing had been re-fried so many times that the outside was hard/rubbery with almost no potato left in the middle.

Hope the concession improves. I might get hungry.

Mark

I can say I was totally amazed when I paid 3.50 for a cheeseburger that was a tad bigger than a hockey puck with meat, cheese, and bread. I would at least expect to get lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles on the burger but didnt. Then $2.00 for a coke that would be $1.00 at a convience store. Then the nachos which are usually pretty good at the racetracks Ive gone to were ok but what was the date on the chips cause they were a little stail. Then in talking with my mother who was in the stands with my father and my better half saying that when she and my girlfriend went to the concession stand at the bottom of the stands it was like a free for all to get your food. Like it was self service which is fine but from what I heard it was nasty with condiments and ketchup and mustard on the counters. From what I heard from some people is they thought it wouldnt of passed a health code test. I also heard from a gentleman who raced with the dwarfcars that one of his crew guys got a cheeseburger that the bun was cold, and the meat wasnt cooked totally. I honestly think that if I'm gonna pay 3.50 for a cheeseburger I gonna get something that is worth 3.50 but that cheeseburger I got wasnt worth 1.00. Maybe THR can take notes from HMP and when you serve a cheeseburger which if I remember correctly it was 2.50 for a cheeseburger in Houston you get a a cheeseburger that is worthy of being sold at mcdonalds or sonic and not one that is worthy of something out of a microwave dinner.

Well I know on one will believe me but, I had a hotdog that was pretty good and then a frito pie later and it was good.

I did notice that the hamburgers where all ready wrapped in foil. This is probably why they where cold. Last year they warmed the burn on the grill and then put the hot meat on it. Maybe they should not do that, the foil part. Duh!

I know the cokes where 2.00 last year. Still are this year.

And the burgers where 3.50 I think and thats what ya'll said they were now, so that did not go up.

Hopefully things will get worked out better for the next race.

And hopefully our fearless leader will read this and mention these things to them.

I had a turkey leg, it was ok. Someone else had one and said that it was not cooked all the way. I sure hope that they get DIET COKE !!!!! I'm sure it had a lot to do with opening night. I was glad to see that there was a few new snack items. I do hope that they keep fresh food, last year I got chips that were way out of date and when we checked they were all old. But they left them to be sold to others.

Archived