TPS Results & Points

Texas Pro Sedans Results & Points

Thunderhill Raceway - Race #8 - August 8

Finish Car # r- Driver/Hometown Car Type/Engine CC {Heat # 1}<Heat # 2> Feature Laps

1, 70 Mike Merrell/Kingsland, TX VW Scirocco/1690 <1> 20 Laps

2, 15 Tom Johnson/Kingsland, TX Ford Mustang/2340-arca {1} 20 Laps

3, 20 Sergio Hexsel/Live Oak, TX VW GTI/2042 <2> 20 Laps

4, 01 r- Tory Christopher/Universal City Toyota Celica/1950 {3} 20 Laps

5, 22 Harry Osburn Jr./San Antonio, TX Ford Mustang/2349-svo {2} 20 Laps

6, 3 Bob Sherland/San Antonio, TX VW Rabbit/1790 <5> 19 Laps

7, 23 r- J.J. Osburn III/Converse, TX Ford Mustang/2338-svo {5} 19 Laps

8, 50 Rick Dawdy/San Antonio, TX VW Rabbit/1648 {4} 19 Laps

9, 48 Mike Knotts/Universal City, TX VW Scirocco/1648 <7> 19 Laps

10, 88 r- Dennis Taylor/Live Oak, TX Chevrolet Cobalt/2232 {6} 19 Laps

11, 97 Kevin Hallman/Cibolo, TX Ford Mustang/2338 <6> 14 Laps

12, 94 Bruce Mabrito/San Antonio, TX VW Rabbit/1598 {7} 6 Laps

13, 26 Lalo Leal/Corpus Christi, TX Ford Cobra/2342-arca <3> 1 Laps

14, 2 r- Johnny Guerra/Corpus Christi, TX Ford Mustang/2338 <4> dns Laps

Margin of Victory 0:89 of a second - Penalty notes: No penalties issued in this race.

dna-did not arrive ... dns-did not start … r-eligible 2009 TPS "Rookie Of The Year"

TPS thanks race sponsors:

Richard & Bea Villanueva, San Antonio

Nelson Skinner, Attorney at Law, San Antonio

All TPS members thank Thunderhill Raceway for hosting six TPS races during the 34th consecutive TPS season.

TEXAS PRO SEDANS 2009 REMAINING SCHEDULE (Subject to Change, Additions, Deletions)

Race - Rain Date - Track - Remarks

Sep 5 - 9/6 - Red River Speedway Time Trials, Last Chance Race (if needed) 40 Lap Feature Race

Oct 10 - tba - Thunder Hill Raceway Time Trials, 34 Lap Feature Race @ THR "Stock Car Spectacular"

Nov 15 - 2009 TPS Awards Dinner (Sunday) Earl Abel's Restaurant, 1201 Austin Highway, San Antonio (4:00pm)

Official TPS Results Certified by:

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

Race & Administrative Director

210/655-3222 office

neilupchurch@sbcglobal.net

For additional TPS information - please visit: www.texasprosedans.com/

TPS Point Satndings (thru: August 8, 2009)

Position Car # r- Driver Hometown *** Points

1, 70 Mike Merrell/Kingsland, TX *** 137

2, 15 Tom Johnson/Kingsland, TX *** 132

3, 27 Bill Labarge/Bryan, TX *** 91

4, 26 Lalo Leal/Corpus Christi, TX *** 72

5, 01 r- Tory Christopher/Universal City *** 70

6, 20 Sergio Hexsel/Live Oak, TX *** 66

7, 48 Mike Knotts/Universal City, TX *** 45

8, 22 Harry Osburn Jr./San Antonio, TX *** 42

9, 2 r- Johnny Guerra/Corpus Christi, TX *** 36

10, 3 Bob Sherland/San Antonio, TX *** 29

11, 94 Bruce Mabrito/San Antonio, TX *** 28

12, 23 r- J.J. Osburn III/Converse, TX *** 28

13, 88 r- Dennis Taylor/Live Oak, TX *** 25

14, 50 Rick Dawdy/San Antonio, TX *** 25

15, 04 r- Nathan Robbins/Bastrop, TX *** 24

16, 84 r- Josh Cournoyer/Wichita Falls, TX *** 23

17, 97 Kevin Hallman/Cibolo, TX *** 23

18, 33 r- Bryant Dulin/Marble Falls TX *** 17

19, 14 r- Scott Fortin/Burkburnett, TX *** 15

20, 4 r- David Wright/Wichita Falls, TX *** 15

21, 9 r- Bobby Burrows/Yorktown, TX *** 13

22, 17 G.B. Carter/Harlingen, TX *** 12

23, 18 Lanny Young/Kingsland, TX *** 11

24, 28 Lisa Sandoval/Corpus Christi, TX *** 10

25, 21 r- Mike Wright/Wichita Falls, TX *** 10

26, 25 r- Mike McCain/Corpus Christi, TX *** 6

27, 5 r- John Ricketts/Wichita Falls, TX *** 6

28, 99 r- Steven Carpenter/Corups Christi, TX*** 5

29, 24 r- Josh Freeman/San Antonio, TX *** 5

30, 73 r- Cody Limerick/Corpus Christi, TX*** 3

31, 31 r- Jesse Sandoval Jr./Corpus Christi*** 3

32, 50 J Paul Jett/Bulverde, TX *** 3

33, 40 r- Robert Robbins/Bastrop, TX *** 2

34, 88 d r- Doug Osburn/San Antonio, TX *** 1

35, 38 Dave Parks/San Antonio, TX *** 0

36, 07 r- Mike O'Connor/Weatherford, TX *** 0

Note: The "Rookie" status of #38 was in error. The r- was removed by edit (NU)

TPS Drivers without 2009 points:

10 Donnie Moore/Hutto, TX

16 r- Mike Cooper/Knoxville, TN

29 Rico Gutierrez/Corpus Christi, TX

42 Adam McCosh/Cibolo,TX

55 John Miesen/Marion, TX

56 Jason Krueger/Seguin, TX

66 Ariel Arredondo/Corpus Christi, TX

72 Candi Hogan/Cedar Park, TX

74 John Wasek/Austin, TX

77 Pete Wright/Ft. Worth, TX

86 r- Michael Deschenes/Lee's Summit, MO

r- eligible for 2009 TPS "Rookie of the Year" Award

Official TPS Points Certified by:

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222 office

neilupchurch@sbcglobal.net

dang mike ownes that track .. congratz to you mike ..tory hell of a finish looks like you are picking it up ....ozzy what can i say ..what has gotten into you .......johnny made back to cc to watch the races ... jr won the heat beat old gb ....lisa broke a motor ..other than that ..we had a good night ..

As bad as my car was running, I still had fun Sat. nite. It was good to see Ozzy on the leader board in 4th place for a while. This is 3 races in a row with the same problem. I'm running out of things to try to fix it.

tps48,I had the same problem with my Scirroco.It drove me nuts.At a ceartan rpm ( I dont know what because I dont have a tack ) I would loose 1 cyl.I even changed valve springs.With the taller tires and less rpm I had no problems.With the short tires and lots of rpm I would loose 1 cyl like a bad plug.The other cyls were fine.I finally found the problem to be fuel slosh.The cure was I turned the carb 180 deg and the problem was cured no matter what rpm I ran.I heard your car on the tape from CC and it sounded exactly like my problem.If you can,turn the carb around and lower the fuel level to normal.This problem only shows up on the track.My problem showed up just past the start/finish line going straight.Exactly the same RPM every time.Sounds just like a plug.Worth a try.

congrats , mike and his crew ! all yall pro sedan drivers and crew and officials do an oustanding job ! best racing series i have ever been associated with . good luck to all on labor day weekend . you guys are worth the price of admission ! its an honor to be on the track with such profesional drivers ! all yall drivers have made an impact on my racing career ! i tell everyone that i ahve raced with ..... if you think you can drive and have a good car , go try racing with those pro sedan boys , then you will see what you really have ! :D i still wanna try my toyota up against whatever oltimer can come up with , even if its a ford ! neil , you should be proud of what you have done with this series ! you have set a good examlple ! tori , nice job with the top 5 finish . keep that toyota in the hunt ! ozzy , you and your son looked like yall were running good too ! sergio , nice finish for 3 , top 3 as usaull for you and your crew . i get chills evertime i line up with you guys ! its awesome !

David: You posted "neil, you should be proud of what you have done with this series ! you have set a good examlple".

Well my friend, I am very proud of what the Texas Pro Sedans have accomplished during the past 34 continuous years of four cylinder stock car racing.

I am also proud that TPS has good members such as you and your brother Mike Wright.

In the mail to all members is the Race Bulletin and Entry Form for the next TPS race on Saturday, September 5 at Red River Speedway in your hometown of Wichita Falls.

The event will be our last visit to Wichita Falls during the 2009 season. It will be a big race on the Labor Day holiday weekend.

Thank you for your nice post, I appreciate it.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222 office

congrats , mike and his crew ! all yall pro sedan drivers and crew and officials do an oustanding job ! best racing series i have ever been associated with . good luck to all on labor day weekend . you guys are worth the price of admission ! its an honor to be on the track with such profesional drivers ! all yall drivers have made an impact on my racing career ! i tell everyone that i ahve raced with ..... if you think you can drive and have a good car , go try racing with those pro sedan boys , then you will see what you really have ! :D i still wanna try my toyota up against whatever oltimer can come up with , even if its a ford ! neil , you should be proud of what you have done with this series ! you have set a good examlple ! tori , nice job with the top 5 finish . keep that toyota in the hunt ! ozzy , you and your son looked like yall were running good too ! sergio , nice finish for 3 , top 3 as usaull for you and your crew . i get chills evertime i line up with you guys ! its awesome !

david cost to much just go out and beat you gas cost alot lol ...lets just say we did race and i won .cuz thats the way it would end up anyway ..lol ...... .miss running with these boys this year .... but bring yourself on down to kyle in october and bring that other ford pinto with you .and show us what you have now .maybe ill climb into a car and practice with you .just to show you a thing or two ..lol

Archived