Thoughts & prayers for Jim @ SOS

SassyCassie14

I have just gotten word that the owner of SOS was involved in a very bad accident. I do not know all the details just yet. He was racing in his dwarf car and he flipped it. He was airlifted out.

This is all I know right now.

Please keep him and his family in your prayers.

I just want everybody to know that Jim Scribellito was in a serious dwarf car accident and was taken to San Antonio by life flight. When he left he was talking and complaining about his shoulder hurting real bad and had some loss of feeling in his hands & legs.

PLEASE do not try to contact him or his wife Laurie until I get a status on him as she needs to stay totally focused on Jim. I will keep you all informed as to his condition. Stay posted to our web site and here on the forums.

Brian :(

If anybody wants to contact me, please send me a pm

It was not a good evening witnessing not only the flip he was in but the aftermath of trying to not incure any additional injury to him during his extraction. Lots of folks ran to his rescue and helped the emergency team which was very lengthy. Under the circumstances, big guy in a little car, I would have to say it was handled really well as far as the care givin to Jim. Lots of very knowledgable ems crewmembers with the assistance of many concerned racers/crewmembers providing everything needed. The SOS family all came together tonight and I know Jim is proud how everyone performed in his need! Jim put together a great crew unfortunately it was needed for himself tonight. We dont even recognize our feature win tonight because Jim wasnt in victory lane with us. Our prayers go out to him and his family hoping like crazy everything is ok.

I did not see the crash, but I can say it looked to be handled really well. It took a while to get Jim out of the car. The word I got was that the upper hoop behind his head had been pushed down enough that the top had to be cut off to get him out. They may have cut him simply because of the injuries and wanting to keep his neck as solid as possible and not so much the chassis damage pinning him in.

I wish him the best and a speedy recovery. The symtems seem to me to be a really good stinger in his neck. The same thing football players get with a hard head/neck hit. Lose feelings or get tingeling because the nerves are being pinched from the swelling. The swelling goes down and he gets all the feeling back. I hope this is the case and he's back up soon.

Here is the word from Brian at SOS. He works for Jim and knows the most right now about Jims condition. It is posted in the SOS threads.

SOS175

"I just want everybody to know that Jim Scribellito was in a serious dwarf car accident and was taken to San Antonio by life flight. When he left he was talking and complaining about his shoulder hurting real bad and had some loss of feeling in his hands & legs.

PLEASE do not try to contact him or his wife Laurie until I get a status on him as she needs to stay totally focused on Jim. I will keep you all informed as to his condition. Stay posted to our web site and here on the forums.

Brian

If anybody wants to contact me, please send me a pm "

On behalf of Brian, he asked me to post the following:

He is on his way to see Jim in San Antionio. AS SOON AS HE KNOWS something, he will update everyone accordingly. His phone has been ringing nonstop since last night and he is unable to return all of your calls. Please hold up on the calls and texts. He asks that everyone keep the Scribellito family in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you, Brian McDevitt

Omg. Brian had called me earlier and Jim is at a hospital in sa. Last night jim was racing his dwarf car in the shootout when he rolled it nose to tail several times. Last night he was complaing about pain in his shoulders and no feeling in his legs and arms. Brian will give me more details in a few hours when the doctors know more.

I will not post which hospital, due to Laurie and the doctors are asking for no one to visit right now.

Please everyone, keep Jim & his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Also, Brians phone has been ringing nonstop since last night and he is unable to return all of your calls, so please keep all the phone calls and texts down to a minimum.

And they have asked for everyone to NOT call Jim and/or Lauries phone. Okay

Brian,

Do you need us (LMR) to help with the clean up and the normal Sunday stuff Jim does around the track? If so I will circle the wagons and git-r-done.

Victor

Getting my bearings going this morning after a long crazy night.

Regarding details about Jims wreck. His cage didnt bend anywhere around him. He simply took some very hard flips nosing into the dirt front first flips and at high rate of speed. One of his right side wheels dug into the track in turns 1 /2 and he was then flying off the track in a blink of an eye flipping with hard impacts. They cut the hoop entirely off the car and the leftside door and pellar area in an effort to get the back board into position. This did take alot of time (40 minutes) from what I was told. I am sure those helping including myself were caught up in the moment as time stood still. Jim was wearing all of his safety equipment mainly his Hans device this is confirmed. He was obviously upset because of his lack of feeling he was experiencing. He was on oxygen and an iv throughout the entire extraction process. The guys must of used 5 or 6 sawalls with multiple batteries along with what it seems was like 25 blades. Upon removing everything Jim was picked up and put into position to be placed on a board while still in the dwarf car. Yes it was very tight with a full grow man on a board in the car. Everyone performed great. Everyone I am sure wishes they could have gotten him out sooner but nobody at anytime risks further injury by being clumsy. Once he was extracted he was strapped with blocks around the head and taped securing his head and movement. His vitals seems steady throughout this whole deal under the circumstances. The helicopter was already on the ground at this point a few miles down the road and took him to San Antonio. At Brian's request detail of where he is will be released later with his status. At 10:27 I recieved a msg of Brian being close to the hospital and he would let everyone know something as soon as possible.

Thanks to everyone espicially the crews throwing and handing anything needed over the fence. Some of you guys will never get back the items you tossed over to us but that will be rewarded to you over time. I have had the pleasure of talking racing and stuff with Jim on a weekly basis. Never have I meet a promoter who was so interested in his drivers opinions and whats going on. He goes out of his way to greet everyone and make them feel like they are part of his family at the track. He is simply a Driver's Promoter one we feel proud to race for!

Correction: Its confirmed Jim was wearing his helmet device. Its kinda of crazy when you see something you just assume other stuff.

Any details and updates have been going to my first post above so that if anything needs to be corrected we can do away with any false info. Biggest question right now is no confirmation about him wearing his hans device. I never noticed any device however his neck and helmet was supported by an ems person the whole time through extraction.

Yes Jim did have on an head and neck restrains device on it was Hutchens device, EMS cut has belts and the straps for the hutchens. Many of us came together to help Jim. There was no damage to the roll cage, Yes we did cut to get him out safely without causing any further injury. Yes Jim head and neck was supported the entire time by another dwarf driver who happens to be a nurse. I hope and pray for Jim to have a speedy recovery and hope to see him soon. J Snow

wow...really sorry to hear this...prayers & thoughts to jim and his family

jim did a great job getting the goliad track going again, and after many years frequenting this track, it's better than it has ever been!!

good luck & speedy recovery jim!

Archived