NEW MINI

chevyfan

Clint Montanio is coming back in a Mini!? I assume that's the Clint that you mentioned since he formerly drove the #09 Super Stock.

I'm really happy to see the Mini bug has bitten. We felt this class would grow at some point, and we're glad to see that it's finally happening! And I'm thinking that I'd better hide my 1997 Honda Civic on race night.

Clint Montanio is coming back in a Mini!? I assume that's the Clint that you mentioned since he formerly drove the #09 Super Stock.

I'm really happy to see the Mini bug has bitten. We felt this class would grow at some point, and we're glad to see that it's finally happening! And I'm thinking that I'd better hide my 1997 Honda Civic on race night.

Yes ma'am I'm on the prowl for a honda to build.. :lol:

Edited by limited88

I was shocked when I saw the Mini Van in the Eco class at HMP this past weekend. I heard that they had made some changes in their rules, so I know they are also doing all they can to grow this class that's similar to our Mini Stocks.

And, Bobby, although I won't give you the credit for helping the class grow with your race win (well maybe it helped just a tiny bit LOL), I will give you much of the credit for encouraging us to start this class.

I also want to thank Terry Tschoerner for his continuous efforts to grow this class. Giving up one of his cars to be used (raced) by a stranger in the grandstands is going above and beyond our expectations in promoting this new class.

A MINI VAN?????? I can't wait to get back there just to see THAT!!!!!

There are some pics of it on the picture website, check out the link on the pics from HmP thread.

HMP hasn't changed the rules to this point, and as far as I know does not foresee any major changes. This class is gaining momentum, we had 14 this past weekend, but unfortunately 2 cars blew engines in practice. Hopefully next time we'll have enough for two heat races. I know it takes 16 cars to do that, but I have atleast 2 cars to build before next race night, and hopefully the guys with engine trouble can make it back as well. If THR stands behind it as HMP has, THR will have the same successful future with this division as well. I am hoping to make it up there sometime, I've never been there.

Brian

ECO 115

I was shocked when I saw the Mini Van in the Eco class at HMP this past weekend. I heard that they had made some changes in their rules, so I know they are also doing all they can to grow this class that's similar to our Mini Stocks.

And, Bobby, although I won't give you the credit for helping the class grow with your race win (well maybe it helped just a tiny bit LOL), I will give you much of the credit for encouraging us to start this class.

I also want to thank Terry Tschoerner for his continuous efforts to grow this class. Giving up one of his cars to be used (raced) by a stranger in the grandstands is going above and beyond our expectations in promoting this new class.

Deb, I guess in this case, "run what you brung" has meaning......lol