First Campers Already in Line @ TMS

Texas Motor Speedway Media Relations, (817) 215-8520

Gary Guehler

-- For Immediate Release

OKLAHOMANS FIRST CAMPERS IN LINE FOR RPM WEEK-TEXAS

FORT WORTH-DALLAS (March 25, 2004) – It’s still one week before the first race car pulls onto the track at Texas Motor Speedway for the April 1-4 Samsung/RadioShack 500 race week -- but Red and Mary Boese of Enid, OK are ready. The pair was first in line with their motorhome Thursday morning waiting for the speedway campgrounds to open on Saturday.

The couple arrived at 9 a.m. Thursday to get in line for Saturday’s 8 a.m. opening of all outside camping areas for race week. They wanted to get a good camping location and ended up with the ceremonial honor of being first in line. By afternoon, 25 camp vehicles were already in line.

“I wanted to be close to the front of the lot,” said Red. “I figured there would be more here before I arrived. We were first. I wasn’t sure they wouldn’t run me off.

“We came in from San Benito (Texas) where we spent the winter. They call us ‘Winter Texans’ down in that part of the country.”

Red and Mary are going to get a special treat during the upcoming race week, seeing their favorite driver race at “The Great American Speedway.”

“My favorite driver is running here at Texas, Bill Elliott,” continued Red. “I think his replacement (Nextel Cup rookie Kasey Kahne) is going to be pretty good. We have been life-long Elliott fans.”

The Boese family will be joined by relatives for the weekend’s racing activities. They already have their grandstand tickets for the April 2 Crown Royal International Race of Champions, the O’Reilly 300 NASCAR Busch Series race on April 3 and the April 4 Samsung/RadioShack 500 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup event.

All Texas Motor Speedway outside campgrounds, both reserved and unreserved, will open Saturday morning at 8 a.m. Infield camping opens Wednesday, March 31. Tickets for the April 1-4 events are available daily at the speedway, by calling (817) 215-8500, online at www.texasmotorspeedway.com and at Ticketmaster locations.

# # #

Archived