ROMCO at TMS

Jason

For points calculation, why can't Romco deduct the worst race finish for every driver. Then the young guns can race for the championship. The TMS event would be the one event excluded for the young guns.

I think every Romco racer would buy into this change.

Even if they go to the drop one race it still is not fair to Colt And Bradley

Others have a choice of which race to drop they have to drop one that they never had a chance in. Colt has had a top ten finish at TMS in Romco. Dropping that verse a 30th finish dose not even out.

I think every TMS race should be non-points. We would make about three or four more ROMCO races this year If we could run for points. Now, if someone wants to give me a ride at TMS, I will run all the other ROMCO races and chase points. I can't afford the risk of tearing up my own car, much less the days off work and tires ect... Money is pretty tight right now. The 21 year old thing should be a wake up call for this to be a non-points event, the car count would be almost the same and you would have more cars in the points chase at the end of the year.

I think that the racing on Cup weekend thing is cool, but I myself would rather see a few more races at SAS instead of running restrictor plates at TMS. Besides, guys that normally dont run worth the crap on the short tracks can just go out and spend some money on their motor, and run up front at TMS because with the restrictor plate it kinda takes the driver out of the equation.

you all are talking about dropping the lowest points night for each driver, if the TMS staff made the decision to not let any one under the age off 21 race then they are still out of he points race. rember guys romco runs there twice this year. colt and bradly i watched u two run the trucks and couldnt wait to see u run a late model and now they are taking the two best up and coming drivers in texas and slamming the door on thier racing progress. if they let kyle busch and brian vickers run this weekend i think some one should filea law suit against the track or nascar. i hope it doesnt come to that or anything like that, i think they should just the the boys race.

kyle busch now runs the busch series. and that is ridiculous that they let him race the truck once and he almost won his first race out, but ran our of case bu then they got to faster track and said nope. maybe they shouls give them a test to see if they are capable of runnin the car. the IRL does that at indy to the rookies of the race.

I'm pretty sure that it has to do with CROWN ROYAL being the sponsor of the IROC series racing later that night. I'm sure the same reason they are giving ROMCO is the same reason they gave Brian Vickers that he couldnt race IROC this year either, becaue of CROWN ROYAL.

This whole deal sucks. It aint fair for Bradley and Colt, and the rule plainly makes no sense. Either it should be 18 to drive and be in the pits, or 21 to drive and be in the pits. Did i mention I think this deal sucks? Now I cant even get in the pits. Anybody know someone who can make some bad a$$ fake ID's before about 6:00 pm tommorow when the rest of the guys are heading out??? I'd sure like to have one right now.

Archived