ROMCO at TMS

Jason

Just got this email from ROMCO. Who all will this 21 year old age limit effect. Colt is only 20. Bradley is a series regular and is 20. I hope this is a mistake. In fact Bradley didn't even get the email!

Hi Everyone,

I just received some answers to inquiries that have

been made and passing along to you regarding TMS.

- There is a age limit for drivers, you must be a

minimum of 21 years old.

- We will start signing in at 8:00 a.m. Thursday in

the Bus Lot, same as before.

- Cost of pit passes is $50 flat, includes both days.

No one day passes.

- There is an age limit of 18 years old in the pits.

- If you are bringing a golf-cart, TMS still has the

$1 mil liability that you must show proof and you must

contact SMIP at 817-490-5003 or 704-455-3235 IN

ADVANCE.

If you have any other inquiries, please let me know.

I'm trying to get everything resolved before you get

there as I will not be able to attend and Terry will

definitely have his hands full.

Good Luck to you ALL, will miss y'all.

Linda Barden

ROMCO RACING

thats is a toughy. reithmyer is front runner for the championship and if he misses one race he is done. no chance in hell to win the championship. look atthe past few years no body has onethe championship by more than fifty points or so. they will figure away around that hopefully.

This is crazy if true , both these Young Men are very talented and have both proven themselves .

Why would romco do this ? i agree if its Nascar or TMS what about Vickers and Kyle ??

Hopefully something can be worked out . There will prob be some there w/o the experiance that they have at that track or racing in general.

Didnt Bradley and some other drivers jist rent the track a couple of days ago. If he cant run maybe Keith can come out of retirement and run the car.

vickers is the bush champion is supposed to be in iroc, but the good ole boys at CROWN ROYAL said he caint race because hes not 21. i think but not sure thats what all this is about. what a crock! BRADLEY AND COLT, i feel your pain. it just plain not right, you two are two of the best drivers ive ever seen. maybe someone will wake up from this bad dream.

some old over the hill driver must have made this rule! go Bradley go Colt you guys should be allowed to race at TMS.I thought the only time you needed a fake ID was when someone under age wanted to buy a beer.

Guys, this could very well have the fine hand of the Texas alcoholic beverage control folks behind it. Texas has some weird alcohol rules, and occasionally one jumps up and bites someone.

I sincerely doubt it's anything TMS or even Crown Royal want, so we'll just have to wait for an explanation.

The official word as of now, is no one uder 21 can race and 18 in teh pits...We still plan on going to atleast watch the race... we got a motor home spot

- whats the difference if you are a driver or a crew member (age shouldn't matter) it should be either 18 to drive and work, or 21 to drive and work...

- Romco is trying to work with us so we can still run for points, maybe they can just count this as a practice race, or just for fun somthin like that since this race was just added to the schedule anyways...

- how are they going to keep spectators out of our pits since it is bus parking their... (18 to get into bus parking lot/romco pits...) lol

- no reason on why the rule has changed but we are guessing b/c of teh IROC race (crown royal sponsor) but what about kyle bush and brian vickers running the next day... still iroc weeend

- havent decided if we are going to take the car just incase I can run, or if someone else might drive... (maybe my dad will, maybe we can talk terry james into runnin colts car, get rick rapp to run tuffy hudsons car, get some old guys out there for memory sake.. LOL)

- we plan to run for teh championship this year... so if Romco can come up with somthin we will be in CC

how are they going to keep spectators out of our pits since it is bus parking their... (18 to get into bus parking lot/romco pits...) lol

Bradley,

Do you mean that the ROMCO pits are going to be in the Bus Parking Lot outside of the speedway?

Thanks,

Kris.

One of the ROMCO drivers sent me an email claiming that all ROMCO teams have to vacate the track almost as soon as their race is over and certainly BEFORE the NEXTEL race. He said that if they wanted to see the NEXTEL race they would have to purchase a full-price ticket at the front gate. Is this true? Or is this just one of those silly rumors?

Nick Holt

Nick, it's probably true, but you never know with TMS rules. Last year they were very stern on making sure that when the other series were racing that everything in the pits had to come to a stop. The cars had to be in the or on the trailers. It looked more like a RV site than a pit area by the time everyone followed suit.

we will be pitting in turn one, where bus parking is (they park against teh fence facing the track) How are they going to keep teh kids from walking through our pits to teh restrooms.... Its just confusing that you have to be 18 in NASCAR which has Budweiser, Bush (Series), as sponsors and then we have a race after us that we aren't even involoved in and we have to be 21... TMS needs to look at this more closly...

(18 year olds driving in the BUSH series)?????

Archived