WALTER IS GONE ..I GREW UP WITH WALTER .. BACK WHEN WE HAD 3 TV STATIONS .. HE WAS THE NEWS MAN WHO MOST OF US WATCHED ...YOU COULD ALWAYS COUNT ON HIM TO GIVE YOU THE TRUE STORY ..HE WASNT A NEWS MAN THAT PICKED JUST ONE SIDE OF THE ROAD TO WALK ON ...... NOW DAYS YOU CANT TELL WHO TO BELIEVE ..

I agree OT, I don't think the news was as biased back then. Too many of the anchors now spend too much time trying to make a name for themselves rather then just letting their work speak for themselves.It is hard to believe that it was in 1981 that he retired, damn this stuff is really making me old.

I agree OT, I don't think the news was as biased back then. Too many of the anchors now spend too much time trying to make a name for themselves rather then just letting their work speak for themselves.It is hard to believe that it was in 1981 that he retired, damn this stuff is really making me old.

Walter was a journalist, not a political activist. And a good one.

If you watch CNBC and Fox News report the same story about Obama, for instance, it's hard to believe they're covering the same guy! I mostly go to the foreign news sources like BBC for a less biased version.

Nick

Archived