TPS PURSE INCREASE

NeilTPS

TPS Purse Increase ......

Posted by Duane Jones of Corpus Christi

Duane Jones of Mars Discount Vacuums in Corpus Christi has posted a $100 bonus to be added to the Texas Pro Sedans Feature Race winners pay check.

Duane said "Mars Discount Vacuums welcomes the Texas Pro Sedans back to CC Speedway, and appreciates the loyal fans of CC Speedway".

All drivers participating in the Texas Pro Sedans race at CC Speedway on Saturday, July 11th appreciate this late posting and purse support by Duane Jones of Mars Discount Vacuums.

btw: Duane is a friend of the TPS Computer Consultant Russ Martin of Corpus Christi.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222 office

We thought it would be interesting to make that carrot a little bigger that those rabbits and mustangs will be chasing Saturday night. Lots of entries so it should be a good show for the fans and hopefully a great turnout for the track. Good luck to all and remember us at Mars for all your vacuum needs,

Duane Jones

Caught just the end of practice so I didnt see who was fast but Merrell broke something in his suspension and may have gotten into the wall, not sure. Also got to talk to my old buddy Jesse Sandoval and meet his wife Lisa. Seems like it wasnt long ago that our kids were in diapers, now some are driving cars at the speedway. Mike McCain (oldtimer) was there as well and although we have met he probably didnt know who I was. I have no idea what fast time was in practice for the TPS cars but heard it was below the current track record. Time trials will be held on a pretty hot track but it will be interesting to see how many cars can run under the record. Hopefully Merrell will get his fixed and all 27 entries will show up ending in an exciting race for the fans at CC Speedway.

Also ran into another one of my racing buddies, John Henry Witzche and he was pleased with his car and I also noticed that Rex Henley was there with a car and I am guessing will make his first appearance of the year in Super Streets. That class could have a decent car count as well. Overall, I think things are looking up at the track and hopefully it continues to grow under the management of Dan Monroe.

Good luck to all racers on Saturday night and hopefully it will be a prosperous one for most as we all know not everyone can win.

Duane Jones

edit to add: I also ran into Russ Martin, longtime race announcer in the area, great voice for the job, as well as Neil Upchurch, TPS director, both looking good and not a whole lot different from what I remember many years ago.

I also wanted to add that it is great to see Donnie's dream continue, if not for him the place would be a parking lot or worse by now. The track holds a special place in my heart and anything that adds to its success means alot. Looking forward to many great races at CC Speedway, the best 1/4 mile in the state.

DONT KNOW IF MIKE BROKE THE STEARING FIRST OR HIS HALF SHAFT FIRST ... MAY HAVE BEEN THE STEARING . THE SHAFT I HEARED THEY HAD ..THE STEARING PIECE .THATS A GOOD ONE .NOT GOING TO FIND THAT PART LAYING AROUND ........ DAN WAS GOOD ENOUGH TO LET THEM STAY AT THE TRACK AND WORK ON IT ..... KNOWING MIKES TEAM .THEY WILL HAVE IT BACK ON THE TRACK ..AS FOR THE CAR .. MIKES PRIDE HAD MORE DAMAMGE THAN THE BODY .IT LOOKED OK ..... I SAID TO MIKE BEFORE HE WENT OUT TO PRACTICE AGAIN .. WHAT YOU TRYING TO HIT THE 13 SECOND LAPS .... MAN WAS FAST .I SAW WITH MY OWN EYES IN HIS EARLY PRACTICE .. A 14.14 LAP TIME .....UNREAL ..

I was worried that I wouldnt make it this weekend and that is exactly what ended up happening. My son had a car deal working in San Antonio and the paperwork finally cleared this afternoon. With both of us having jobs that we cant ignore, we had no choice but to head up there late this afternoon to close the deal. I missed some great racing I am sure but would love some blow by blow details from anyone that is willing to give them to me. TPS qualifying results plus race results would be fantastic if anyone can provide them. Other classes would be great although I can wait until they are posted if needed, Thanks in advance and congrats to the winners tonight

Duane Jones

Mars Discount Vacuums

I have to give a special thanks to several people.

Dan, thanks for having us and giving us use of the pits and the garage to do our repairs.

You guys in the garage did quick work to get us back on the track. They would not accept anything but a handshake for their work.

Lalo, as usual I think you would give your right arm to help someone, especially since you dont use it driveing.

Mike Knotts, Don and Sergio are the guys with the parts. If it wasnt for you I was going to have to run those laps on foot.

Pleasure finally meeting Pete Wright and GB Carter.

Thanks to all.

Congradualtions to Bill. Good run as I suspected.

Hope TPS put on a good show for the fans. Would like to come back soon.

Mike Merrell

Archived