RED RIVER

WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK ABOUT THE SUPER STOCKS RUN WITH THE THUNDER STOCKS? OR WHAT AR UR THOUGHTS ON GETTING THE CAR COUNT UP FOR RED RIVER, I DONT THINK THE SUPER STOCKS AR THAT MUCH FASTER. GIVE ME SOME INPUT. MAYBE WE CAN TALK TO THE OWNERS IF EVERYONE AGREES.

WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK ABOUT THE SUPER STOCKS RUN WITH THE THUNDER STOCKS? OR WHAT AR UR THOUGHTS ON GETTING THE CAR COUNT UP FOR RED RIVER, I DONT THINK THE SUPER STOCKS AR THAT MUCH FASTER. GIVE ME SOME INPUT. MAYBE WE CAN TALK TO THE OWNERS IF EVERYONE AGREES.

Somethings has got to happen Matt, There was only 4 Super Stocks at Altus this weekend and one of them was the WF 48. For me I don't even know what class to build a car for because I don't know what class, track etc will be alive when I get it done. Personally, I don't mind the SS rules up here in Altus, but I never thought the Aftermarket bodies were a good thing because it makes people go and sink 2,000$ in the parts side glass, roof, windshield etc... when you can skin a car out for the cost of a few grinding disks and saws-all blades. But people think you gotta have one cuz there "cool". I don't have the answer, it's just got me scared to build a car because of the unknown.

Jeff

I HEAR YA, I WOULD LIKE TO SEE RED RIVER LET YALL RUN WITH THE THUNDER AND MAYBE IF THE SUPERS AR FASTER LET THE THUNDERS RUN HEADERS OR 4 BBL OR SOMTHING TO LET THEM COMPETE. I DONT THINK THERE IS GOING TO BE THAT MUCH DIFERANCE THERE THE SAME MOTOR, CAM. THE SUSPENTION IS A LITTLE DIFFERENT BUT THE SAME. WE CHANGE SPRINGS AND YALL TWIST A BOLT. THE TRANNYS AR NOT GOING TO MAKE THAT MUCH OF A DIFFERANCE. I HAVE ALWAYS RAN A AUTOMATIC NEVER HAD A PROBLEM STAYING UP. I ALSO WISH WE RAN ON FRIDAY NIGHTS I THINK MORE CARS WOULD RUN.

I HEAR YA, I WOULD LIKE TO SEE RED RIVER LET YALL RUN WITH THE THUNDER AND MAYBE IF THE SUPERS AR FASTER LET THE THUNDERS RUN HEADERS OR 4 BBL OR SOMTHING TO LET THEM COMPETE. I DONT THINK THERE IS GOING TO BE THAT MUCH DIFERANCE THERE THE SAME MOTOR, CAM. THE SUSPENTION IS A LITTLE DIFFERENT BUT THE SAME. WE CHANGE SPRINGS AND YALL TWIST A BOLT. THE TRANNYS AR NOT GOING TO MAKE THAT MUCH OF A DIFFERANCE. I HAVE ALWAYS RAN A AUTOMATIC NEVER HAD A PROBLEM STAYING UP. I ALSO WISH WE RAN ON FRIDAY NIGHTS I THINK MORE CARS WOULD RUN.
I agree guys on all accounts!!!! I REALLY don't want to see RRS go away. We have GREAT place to race and we need to keep it that way. There has got to be a way to either amend the rules like they did with the Mod 4's or make other provisions to make the two classes comprable to each other. we may have to run a few weeks to see what works best but at least we are trying to solve the problem. I think as long as folks don't start complaining or trying to bend the rules RRS may give this a try. We all know there has been some problems here latley and we need to get all issues addressed and solved once and for all and move forward. There have been several side bar discussions and all parties agree that we had a blast last year with minimal complaining and would love to see that kind of racing again. I'm not sure how we should go about contacting the owners about this proposal? As far as the suspension just do like they did last year and either have them weld the screws down or have them painted prior to the heat race and check them after the feature. I'm sure we could all get along as its fair to all parties concerned. JMO

I Hope that Red River Never goes away!!! The NASKARTS had fun racing there all weekend!! Its every bit about setup and driver...not about horspower. Even thought Horsepower helps, but I hope that everyone can come to a consensus to merge the 2 classes to have a larger car count. If not, can always start a NASKART north division there in Red River. We have 16 of us already...and would love to have more!! We are not slow...you have to drive, draft and work on setup to go fast...same as the big cars....but in a smaller scale!

Mike Steinman

NASKART #71

www.naskarts.com

I Hope that Red River Never goes away!!! The NASKARTS had fun racing there all weekend!! Its every bit about setup and driver...not about horspower. Even thought Horsepower helps, but I hope that everyone can come to a consensus to merge the 2 classes to have a larger car count. If not, can always start a NASKART north division there in Red River. We have 16 of us already...and would love to have more!! We are not slow...you have to drive, draft and work on setup to go fast...same as the big cars....but in a smaller scale!

Mike Steinman

NASKART #71

www.naskarts.com

YALL PUT ON A GOOD SHOW WISH THE LATE MODELS WOULD HAD CAME WITH YALL. I HOPE EVERYONE WILL GET ON THE SAME PAGE. IF WE GET THE CARS MAYBE THE FANS WILL START COMING BACK.

We had the same rules at both tracks for the bombers and the super stocks, 10-12 different cars in each class at both tracks. Then the rules were changed where EVERYONE had to change their cars to fit the new thunderstock rules, which as previously mentioned, are now two different sets of rules for each track. Can someone please explain to me who benefited from these rule changes. We also had only 4 thunderstocks running on sunday for the big 4th of July weekend. :blink: We turned 40+ cars running at both tracks to a grand total of 8 cars running at both tracks? And please don't try and tell me its the economy, we all know better ;) As Jeff stated, he doesn't even what kind of car to build because he doesn't know what changes might be coming because obviously this isn't working. I agree 100%. Change isn't always good(insert Obama joke here), especially if you don't have logical reasons for doing so. But, being one of the 8 cars left, I also think we should be running common rules. I didn't see anything wrong with the reciprical rules we shared before.JMO

Tracks go through cyles.... and right now Red River is poised for a huge upswing.

Lots of racers in the area are wanting to race and some of them are starting to look for ways to improve the situation rather than bitch and moan. That's always the first step. Positive, constructive, logical approach to fixing things.

Nick

This weekend you should have known that there wasnt going to be many. heck the weather was supposed to rain all weekend and did, also it was 4th of july weekend. Red River will be fine just have to get threw the weather and all the hollidays!!

This weekend you should have known that there wasnt going to be many. heck the weather was supposed to rain all weekend and did, also it was 4th of july weekend. Red River will be fine just have to get threw the weather and all the hollidays!!

JOSH I SEE WERE UR COMING FROM BUT IF THE CAR COUNT AND FAN COUNT DOESNT COME BACK UP WE NEED TO FIGURE OUT SOMETHING TO DO. I REMEMBER WHEN WE RAN SUPER STOCKS WE HAD 12 TO 15 CARS U CANT BRAG ABOUT WINNING WITH 4 OR 5 CARS OR EVEN RACE FOR MAYBY 50 FANS WICH 50 BETTER THAN NONE. :blink:

matt i agree with that,change carb and exhust and lets races............... supers not no limitedsports, we have all had good time tell this year and take us off towel city,and let us run real tires igot new motor ready to run let us the drivers talk to the owners but nothing bigger then 400s i think we can get it back this years been rough start for me, im ready to start over :lol:

THE TOWEL CITYS ARENT A BAD TIRE. BOTH CLASSES AR ON THE SAME TIRE THE MOTORS AR THE SAME AND THE CAM ALSO THE DIFFERANCE IS THE SUSPENTION AND THEY HAVE HEADERS. MAKE THE THUNDERS WEIGH 3400 AND THE SUPERS WEIGH 3500 OR WHATEVER. WE CAN RUN FOR A FEW WEEKS TOGETHER AND SEE. I JUST WANT 15 TO 20 CARS IN THE SAME CLASS. THEN THE FANS SHOULD COME.

..ALL TRACKS AND CLASSES GO THROUGH CHANGES ..SOME CHANGE RULES IN HOPES OF MAKEING RACES BETTER .. SOMETIMES IT DONT WORK .BUT ATLEAST IT WAS TRIED ..NOW .YOU GO BACK SOME ........ AND BY WHAT YOUR ASKING .IS ONE WAY OF GETTING THE CAR COUNT BACK . WITH OUT CARS .YOU HAVE NO FANS .... WITH OUT BOTH .YOU HAVE NO TRACK ..IF ITS THE TRACKS THAT ARE BEING HARD HEADED .TIME TO LISTEN TO THOSE DRIVERS ......................... IN 89 WE HAD 5 CARS LEFT .. THE RULES WE HAD DIDNT WORK ANYMORE . THE COST TO RACE A CERTAIN TIRE .OR MOTOR PART WAS GETTING OUT OF HAND .... WHAT DID WE DO ..WHAT YOU GUYS NEED TO DO AND SEEM TO BE ON THE RIGHT TRACK ........TALK IT OUT .AND COME TO AN AGREEMENT .... SOME WILL HAVE TO ADD A PART .AND SOME WILL HAVE TO TAKE A PART OFF .. GIVE AND TAKE ... CUZ FIVE OF US GAVE ALOT .. ... BUT THE END OF THE NEXT SEASON .24 CARS WERE IN THAT CLASS ..

THE TOWEL CITYS ARENT A BAD TIRE. BOTH CLASSES AR ON THE SAME TIRE THE MOTORS AR THE SAME AND THE CAM ALSO THE DIFFERANCE IS THE SUSPENTION AND THEY HAVE HEADERS. MAKE THE THUNDERS WEIGH 3400 AND THE SUPERS WEIGH 3500 OR WHATEVER. WE CAN RUN FOR A FEW WEEKS TOGETHER AND SEE. I JUST WANT 15 TO 20 CARS IN THE SAME CLASS. THEN THE FANS SHOULD COME.
Smoke I agree with Matt on the tires. I only say that because we still have tires that need to be used up this year and most of us can't afford to buy new ones. I think we should get the opinion of all the reg drivers for our class and see if we can't come up with a proposal to the the track owners/managment that we can all agree on. I don't think we are to far off on our ideas but with that said I think the only way to make it work is to move to Friday nights and the reason I say that is if we are going to be inviting folks from other tracks that run on Saturday then we can't expect them to give their season points at their home track just to come run with us. I know if I was running for a championship that I wouldn't go elsewhere to run on the same night my home track was running and loose those championship points.. JMO. I think also that we need to also include the other classes that are at RRS. I know the mod 4's already are pretty much unlimited but what about the chargers and hornet? Just think that everyone should be able to address the managment especially if we all think Fridays would be better. Josh you are correct that the weather/skip Mcbride have been a killer this year. I have always thought that the holiday shows are a hard deal pull off whan most folks do go do family things on those holiday weekends. Maybe that's something that should be looked at to see if they are even worth running. The next topic/ issue is that we need to have ONE spokesperson to bring a proposal to the owners. Not just one voice but someone who can bring this to them and kind of lay it out for them. Oldtimer thankyou for your advise and I agree. Guys I'm like Matt and and smoke, lets see what we can do and be proactive to get RRS speedway back on the map and get the car count back up!

U HAVE TO THINK ABOUT THE COAST OF THE TOWEL CITYS TO A RACING SLICK TC AR 75 AND SLICKS AR 125 AND UP. THIS SATURDAY WE NEED TO HAVE EVERYONE OF THE THUNDERS MEET AT MY TRAILER SO WE CAN TALK AND SOMEONE FROM THE TRACK ALSO. UR GOING TO HAVE SOME NOT WANT THE SUPERS RUN WITH THE THUNDERS BUT THE MAJORITY HAS TO MAKE THE DECITION FOR OUR CLASS. MY # IS 940-867-8340 IF ANYONE NEED TO ASK ANYTHING. I HAVE SEEN THE SAME CLASS START OUT LIKE THE THUNDERS AND GO TO A LIMITED LATE MODEL CLASS BACK TO THUNDERS THATS WHAT I DONT WANT TO DO. WE NEED RULE TO STAY IN PLACE FOR 5 YEARS OR MORE THAT WAY THERE NOT ADDING SOMTHING EVERY YEAR TO THE CLASS.

WE NEED RULE TO STAY IN PLACE FOR 5 YEARS OR MORE THAT WAY THERE NOT ADDING SOMETHING EVERY YEAR TO THE CLASS.
AMEN! Stick with the tires we are already using. They last and they are cheaper than any of the racing other racing tires. Also concur that adding weight is the cheapest solution to merging the classes

WE NEED RULE TO STAY IN PLACE FOR 5 YEARS OR MORE THAT WAY THERE NOT ADDING SOMETHING EVERY YEAR TO THE CLASS.
AMEN! Stick with the tires we are already using. They last and they are cheaper than any of the racing other racing tires. Also concur that adding weight is the cheapest solution to merging the classes

U ALSO HAVE TO THINK ABOUT THE ROCKS AT THE TRACK IF WE GO WITH A SOFTER TIRE UR GOING TO BE FIXING FLATS ALL THE TIME. IF IM CORRECT THE LATE MODELS HAD TO PULL NEXT TO THE TECH AREA FOR THERE TIRES TO COOL OFF.

U ALSO HAVE TO THINK ABOUT THE ROCKS AT THE TRACK IF WE GO WITH A SOFTER TIRE UR GOING TO BE FIXING FLATS ALL THE TIME. IF IM CORRECT THE LATE MODELS HAD TO PULL NEXT TO THE TECH AREA FOR THERE TIRES TO COOL OFF.

Does anybody have any other thoughts or suggestions as to what we can do to help out the situation? If so give Matt a call or just post them here so we can have a good discussion with the track owners Sat. Also has anyone talked to the other thunder folks that are not on this site to get any input prior to Saturday? I talked with Matt and we are planning on going a little early Saturday so we can get togther and talk among our selves prior to talking with the track.

im not a thunder driver , but i think where we went wrong in the charger class was a few things , just my opinion... we have a open cam rule , no vacuum rule , run headers , allowed fords to run , but .................... you have to run 10 dollar tires , something is wrong with this picture. mix and match motors that are not the make of the car , alot of this was to keep car count , which i agree to a certian time period . now what i see is the lower placing cars have stopped coming . also if you have a question about another car you have to put up 200 dollars and put your trust in the track to do their job . the track should be held responsible to have these cars checked according to the rules . other tracks i run at the track techs the cars without anyone putting up any money . the tracks go by the rules they have handed out to everyone in the class . i have had several fans and past drivers tell me that the charger class is like the old pony class , but on 10 dollar tires . they will not bring their cars out to run in the back , by running according to the rules the track has handed out . we need to get the fans back by having a better car count . fans usually buy cars and become drivers . several cars at red river in the charger class cant go to other tracks that have the same charger class and run , the owners wont even let them unload their cars , i respect those tracks . wichita falls is a great market for asphalt racing , but the track needs to get the drivers respect back ! we all need to work together to get wichita falls involved in the track . i have said all along even back in febuary , 19 vacuum would make the charger class grow ! i know cars that would come back if we had a 19 stock vacuum rule in the charger class ! we have to make this track work , its a fun track to run at , the cars that have stayed at red river this year only because they spent all their money on a high dollar cam and that cant afford to go elsewhere and other tracks wont let them run . back when we had a 19 vacuum rule we had 17 to 19 in the feature and cars were disqualified for vacuum , they went home and fixed their cars and came back legal , we as drivers respected the track and other drivers . [edited out by Nick Holt, 7/9/09]

Archived