new hoosiers

LM-RACER-20

I just noticed this on this weekends race thread. The new hoosiers will not be allowed after this weekends race. I understand the confusion and problems that arose from these tires. BUT. I bought 3 of these and ran them 1 time and didnt like them. At least on the rear. I just bought 2 new AR tires to run on the rear of the car. I am running the new hoosiers on the front so I dont have to buy 2 more tires. Money isnt growing on trees right now because of the drought. If we cant use them during this season then I just threw away 300.00 for nothing. I think we should be able to use up what we have and just not buy new ones. If they get used on the rear they wont last anyway and go away fast. They dont get me my stagger for the rear so I cant use them there. Cant the track mark them somehow so they know they arent newly bought and just run them out? I hate the thought of buying more tires already.

Your point makes good sense. Actuallly everything you said makes sense. In talking to Bruce (track owner) on Wednesday, the consensus was that no one liked them and wouldnt' be using them so he planned to go back to where we were before all of this started. However, you're point is very valid about the front or a drag tire given that people spent money on them... He asked me to post topic in advance of this weekend, but is planning to discuss it at the drivers meeting on Saturday. I sent him a text after reading your message, and he understands and will work with the drivers to phase it out along the lines of what you mentioned. Doesn't look like anyone will be buying any more of them and, maybe they can be marked or something and use them up on the left front or something. He just wants to go back to where we were, but does understand what you've presented. I'm hoping you'll be there this Saturday. If yes, please bring that point up so it can be discussed.

Personally, I've never even looked at one of the new Hoosiers before or after someone ran them, but posted the piece of information as requested. We understand your point as you've presented it and he'll work with the group.

thx - Monty Chamberlain

The only problem I would see is if the new Hoosiers are still around next time you guys host the Modified Championship Series but as for house rules maybe you guys should let them run. Like you said Monty, doesn't seem like anyone is going to buy the new Hoosiers again anyways but if a racer spent money on them it would be a shame for them to throw them away so to speak. You guys changed your rules for the series since none of the other tracks in the series run the AR tire and it didn't seem like anyone but the Edna guys bought the new Hoosier. Hopefully all the crying over tires is over and everyone can race together again. The Limiteds had a good showing in STS last weekend with the help of the SA and Valley guys, hopefully these same guys come up to Edna next time and put on a good show up there and we can find out who the best drivers are in South Texas.

any word about this?

Sent Bruce (track owner) a message this morning. He advised that he will have information relative to the series, and all of the tire stuff this Friday. Our next race is July 18th, and I should be able to advise where we stand on the Limited Mod portion of the series. The mod portion has been uninterrupted and will be as planned on the 18th.

-Monty

The mod portion has been uninterrupted and will be as planned on the 18th.

aint it i-37 on da 17th?

Sorry..... Don't know what I was thinking. Our next scheduled series event is August 1st. My mistake. I think I was getting ready for the big bicycle give away and blended that in with the series. The Texana site has the correct dates....

Well I might be coming down there this weekend to race so I kinda need to know pretty quick on the soft hoosiers. I have them on the front right now just trying to wear them out. I dont want to have to buy new tires again to run this weekend.

I apologize... Been working some long hours and hadn't been able to stay on top of the forums.

You're good to go! Don't worry about buying new tires for this weekend. Use them up in the front just like you're planning, but please do not buy any more of the soft Hoosiers. At Texana we are going back to where we were when the season started which is the old Hoosier and the AR. The soft Hoosiers will be allowable on the front until used up and then we'll be back to where we started. Bruce will address the final conclusion on this topic at the drivers meeting on Saturday. Hope to see you Saturday and have a safe drive heading our way.

Archived