THR admission prices & schedule

daffynmark

Posted on Mar 23 2004, 09:41 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THR prices

I would like to thank the people at THR for all of the improvements to the track.But my opinion is that $12 for the local classes and $18 for romco is going to run off spectators

im about as die hard racer and race fan that there is but i woiud have to think about bringing my family out to a night at the races for that price.The time you pay admission a couple of hotdogs and drinks you will burn up a hundred dollar bill or close to it.

It is understandable that the admission prices are $18, correct me if im wrong, but thats what helps pay the ROMCO drivers. All though thats what it cost to pay the drivers, it can get expensive real quick. i personally am all for $10 regular admission and $13 or even $15 romco nights. And lower concession prices....by the way, THR doesnt have the same concession owners again this year does it? :( Hopefully not

For all you people who are complaining about the THR pit prices, I don't really want to here it. I went to SAS this passed weekend and it cost me $30 to get in the pits. I know it would be cheaper by $10 if I had a license, but for someone to go only for 1 weekend and have to pay that much is a little ridiculous. Yes, it is cheaper to get in the stands there, but the pit prices are crazy. Then when we were in the pits, it felt like a concentration camp. Yes I know the gate to the track is closed, but to have the parking lot gate locked too is a little weird. I'm not trying to bash anybody, but after everything THR has done this year to the track, lets stop all the complaining about the prices. [Comment edited out by Nick Holt, 3/23/04]

jamie37,

San Antonio Speedway is a fine track and knowing Mike, he's not charging any more than he needs to for a pit pass. But have you checked the cost for racing insurance lately? It's enough to scare ya! Money for the insurance premiums have to come from somewhere and, for now anyway, that somewhere is the pit gate.

Not sure why you are badmouthing SAS, but in case you hadn't noticed, Jamie, there is a new spirit of cooperation among the three Central/South Texas paved tracks. Brian and Mike and Owen are working together to make asphalt racing around here better for everyone. Why not get in the spirit of things and give SAS a break here?

Nick Holt

Guest stick2it

Hey Nick,

Maybe you should reread Jamie37's post. She said she was not tring to bash anybody, but i agree with her $30 is crazy. Yeah track insurance is high but why is it only $21 to get into thr and $30 to get into sas. to get into sas race track is $90 for a membership and $20 a night. say you go 10 nights that is $290. then you go to thr and that is $210 so i belive thr is cheaper.

Racing mom

I race my self and i realize what it cost to run a car. If you are spending a 1000 a night to run a local car you need to get a hold of what yall spend if it's a ROMCO or even a touring car I can understand the cost of those, cars, crew members tires etc. What i was trying to say is that for a family to come to the track I feel 12 dollars a head is expensive and several times I have had people say that they would like to go every week but just can't afford it. Jason was right when you own a car you know what your cost is. I would rather see ya'll race in front of 5000 people that was charged 5 dollars ahead than i would 500 people that was charged 12 dollars ahead. The tracks need to get spectators in the stands every week. Just my opinion

I think 20, 25, or even 30 dollar pit fee is fair, with the cost of insurance and all. The cost of insurance at Houston must be really expensive ie, 25 pit plus 25 per car.

As far as the fans in the stands go, As the tracks & teams keep putting on great shows the word will get out.

If a grandstand holds 4000 or even 1000 people, but the track only draws a 1/4 or 1/3 of capacity a great show is a must. Just a thought, if my stands held 2000 spectators, but on average I only drew in 500 per night. I might think about handing out 500 or so tickets. If I only have 10 or 5 percent return. I would seat 25 0r 50 more people than I would have on average buying food and drink. I would not have lost money I would have made money. Besides word of mouth is the best (and cheapest ) form of advertising. The first order of business would be to seat more fans in my stands, give them a great show, and welcome them back....each and every Sat night.

dreams are free

TomH

Archived