Thanks for my first dirt race

LM-RACER-20

Just wanted to thank the great people of Texana raceway for a good time in my first ever race on the dirt. And thanks to all the Limited drivers for making it fun. I hope I wasnt in the way too often but we were trying to get a handle on the handling situation. We now know how to make a car plow dirt. :) The car finally came around for the start of the feature. Unfortunatly it was only good for the first 5 or so laps and then went away. We'll work on this some more. I was starting scratch, but I heard there were cars behind me. I guess they didnt see me waiving them around so I lined up. Finished 8th which wasnt too bad. But damm it was fun. I cant wait to come back in two weeks. We will be at Goliad this next weekend for some more dirty fun. I'm just glad I tried the dirt.

Later.

Johnny #27

Johnny, you did a good respectable job for your first experience......even though my story never got to mention your name racing up front, it didn't get mentioned in the bad way either....LOL

Keep at it.....and DON'T be afraid to ask for advise.....I know lots of racers will be willing to help you get better....until you start beating them anyway......LMAO

Just curious........ how'd those soft 500's wear?

Thanks. I did enjoy it once the car handled for a while. We will get it. We did take advise from some guys. Victor has been really nice with helping me. The problem was our chassis is setup more for asphalt and the geometry is different. So tire staggers, crossweight and such doesnt crossover from thier setup to my car. So we had to play with it a bunch. It will get better every week.

For the tires. I only ran them on the right side due to stagger issues. The right front looks great of course, but the right rear wore pretty good. With only a guess I would think they are going to last between 3-5 races with the kind of wear I see right now. I dont think it will be completly wore out but the tread will be kinda shallow. No tears, nicks or chunks in it. Just wear. And really I was only running the tire correctly for about 10 laps. The rest of the night it was pushing really bad. So it may not last as long as I hope.

Thanks. I did enjoy it once the car handled for a while. We will get it. We did take advise from some guys. Victor has been really nice with helping me. The problem was our chassis is setup more for asphalt and the geometry is different. So tire staggers, crossweight and such doesnt crossover from thier setup to my car. So we had to play with it a bunch. It will get better every week.

For the tires. I only ran them on the right side due to stagger issues. The right front looks great of course, but the right rear wore pretty good. With only a guess I would think they are going to last between 3-5 races with the kind of wear I see right now. I dont think it will be completly wore out but the tread will be kinda shallow. No tears, nicks or chunks in it. Just wear. And really I was only running the tire correctly for about 10 laps. The rest of the night it was pushing really bad. So it may not last as long as I hope.

Johnny'

I am glad you had a good time, any thing that we(lmr) can do to help just give us a shout, we would be more than happy to answer any questions....well the best we know how anyways..lol I however have some work to do before this weekend.. :o

Archived