CC Monster Truck Event

SASPEEDRACER24

I dont remember when it was last year but I remember a few posts about alot of glass being close to the racing surface. From what I remember there were quite a few people concerned with cut tires. I think Jason can give more info... I think it might have been ROMCO event that they had this prob.

Yes last year there was a big glass prob there was a few ROMCO drivers that I know of that had a tire cut down from glass. I think also it was Joey Heinaman that told me when they pulled into pits the had a chunk of glass in their tire. So yes their was a glass prob lol.

Is the glass problem from the trucks crushing the cars in the infield? Do they not make them take out the glass in the cars? That could be a problem. There would be no way to get all the glass out of the infield.

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

What an outstanding show! Owen and his staff are doing a great job of making sure the Corpus Christi race fans are entertained. We saw it when TAMS big show was there and again last night. Not a seat to be had, unless you went over to the other side that they HAD to open, LOL, what a Track Promoter or Owners dream. Great job, we all with the Texas Super Racing Series are looking forward to this Saturday! If your a race fan, let me tell you, these guys & gals like to see you enjoying yourself. Again, great job Owen & your staff, what a fun evening. Doc, great job on your choice of leadership!

I hear that the show was great but, I have heard from many that there has to be glass in the infield and no dirt was brought in, they dug the infield out. Aslo heard the track itself i messed up. I do know how bad, I heard it was mostly in turn 4. Does anyone know anything about that. Are we going to end up with flat tires?? How bad is the track??

The track and the infield are back to normal minus a little grass. We have worked hard to make sure no glass, parts, or pieces of anything are left on the track in the infield or anywhere else that would effect the racing. Thanks for the comments.

Good luck to all the TSRS teams this weekend, I hope we can make it a great show.

Remember Practice Friday: $20.00 for driver and $5.00 for crew members.

Owen

In 2002 Romco had alot of problems with flats, not just from the racing surface but during practice you had to go to the infield before exiting the track. So if you just went out for a couple of laps to scuff a new set of tires you either had to stay out the entire time or go to the infield, I think we had several flats that afternoon. Hope every thing goes well for all racers this weekend.

Archived