NASCAR. Each of our incredible Drivers/Car Owners & Crews has the desire to

be apart of this exciting weekend of racing!"

The Texas Super Racing Series will compete on May 7th, showcasing some of

the top late model stock car drivers in Texas. Throughout its' inaugural

season in 2003, the series produced huge car counts, averaging over thirty

cars per race and is considered by many to be the fastest growing touring

series in the southwest. Last September, the Texas Super Racing Series

stars produced the closest finish in Houston Motorsports Park history with a

photo finish at the annual Space City 125.

For more information on the Texas Super Racing Series, please visit the

series web page at Manracingpromotions.com

Guest texracer

I know the rules. But I am to the understanding the TSRS cars will be running with a lot of out of state cars. Most of those cars have much more engine than a TSRS car. Was just wondering if a TSRS tech. official could confirm.

Where does it say the TSRS cars will be running with a lot of "out of state" cars? The release says "the series has been invited to join the racing program;" I'd read that to mean the late model race on Friday night will be a TSRS event, probably even a points event, though thay wasn't spelled out in the release.

Guest texracer

I recieved an email from TSRS about this race and it read. This will not be a points race and there would be a lot of out of state cars.

yepeeeeee thank you tsrs and the bakers for there commitment to the sport . this is a great chance to "kick it up a notch" we all have been waiting for this type of racing in texas, and for the out of state cars, bring em on, there ain,t a dog in the whole series, so lets show em how we do it in texas thanks everyone, waddy

Guest Mary Ann Naumann
There's the problem. You all got an email, but the rest of us only have the press release. You are right, the out of state cars could be a problem due to different preparation rules.
Where's the problem when a Series or Track Promoter/Race Director sends an email to their registered Drivers/Car Owners, Crews and their families in order to get their input and opinions prior to making such a commitment!?! Making each of them a part of what is being decided for them with their series, to me is very important! Once decisions have been made, then comes the time to share it with the race fans and other interested parties, by way of a Media release, would you not agree?
I received an email from TSRS about this race and it read. This will not be a points race and there would be a lot of out of state cars.
Part of this statement is correct, it is not going to be a TSRS points race. The email I sent out to the best of my knowledge did not state that a lot of out of State cars would be there. Doesn't mean it won't happen and at this point doesn't mean it will. The rules will be available the first part of the week, but I too feel the same way as Waddy...
this is a great chance to "kick it up a notch" we all have been waiting for this type of racing in Texas, and for the out of state cars, bring em on, there ain't a dog in the whole series, so lets show em how we do it in Texas!

By the way, for those of you that may not be aware, our fearless Techman, Jack Sandefur had his heart "tech inspected" today and passed with flying colors! Seriously, Jack's procedure to check his heart out, went great, the Dr. said everything looks great and he is home and ready to get to teching! He thanks everyone for their prayers and calls.

Don't forget that the Monster Trucks are going to be @ the Corpus Christi Motor Speedway all this weekend. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Don't forget that the Monster Trucks are going to be @ the Corpus Christi Motor Speedway all this weekend. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

I dont know for sure how they have it set up or not but I remember in some posts from last year after one of those Monster Truck events there was some problems with cut tires from left over glass in the crushed cars... Just an FYI of something to keep an eye out on in CC. I am pretty sure they will have that base covered but can never be too sure...

Archived