carb problems

Matt Ohm

WHAT WOULD MAKE A CAR BANG OUT COMING OUT OF THE CORNER BUT CLEARS OUT ON THE STRAIGHTS? IT ONLY DOES IT ABOUT 9 LAPS IN, IT HAS NEW FUEL LINE THE TACK IS UNPLUGED AND CHECKED THE CARB FOR TRASH AND ALSO CHECKED THE FLOAT . THE FUEL CELL IS NEW. IM THINKING THE FUEL PUMP ANY IDEAS?

Which car Matt? Is the fuel filter to close to the intake and gettin the fuel hot?

RAYS CAR THE FILTER IS ON THE FRAM THE FUEL LINE IS RUBBER FROM THE FUEL CELL TO PUMP AND RUBBER FROM THE PUMP TO THE CARB.

sounds like vapor lock....... check your fuel cap . maynot be venting ..

If it starts as soon as you apply the throttle, I'd look at the accelerator pump circuit.

IT RUNS GREAT FOR 9 LAPS THEN STARTS BANGING OUT ONLY COMING OUT OF THE CORNER. BUT ITS NOT THAT BAD.

do you smell fumes ....if you read anything on what our tps car went through all of last year till the last two races ..we had the same typ of thing happen to us .after 8 or 9 laps .the carb would screw up .the the car would not run full throtle at times sputter at throtle or flooded at times ....either the fuel would flow out of that bowl tube and flood the motor .or it would run the fuel to low ... this happened even with a brand new carb ..hard as hell to fix or find the problem when it only happened dureing a race ... i know you have a v8 ..but it was a v8 racer who figured out what was wrong with ours and never even looked at our car .. one solid motor mount we added before the season started was the source ...,,, this maynot pertain to your problem ..good luck .......

What power valve and jets are in it? Have you checked to see if the PV is blown? Has anyone been thru this carb.? What RPM range does it bang out? What is your fuel pressure? What timing are your running at full advance and is it locked out?

We build race carbs. so feel free to give me a call and I'll help you out as much as I can.

Jason

(903)962-8076

THANKS FOR EVERYONES HELP I THINK IT WAS THE INTAKE SOMEONE HAD CUT THE CENTER OUT WE ARE PUTTING A NEW ONE ON THIS WEEK. IF IT DOESNT WORK I WILL BE BACK ASKING MORE QUESTIONS. WE ALSO CHECKED THE PV AND THE CARB EVERYTHING LOOKED GOOD.

Archived