RAY WALKER ... 1924 - 2009

RAY WALKER ... 1924 - 2009

I just wanted to share my family's grief in learning upon my return home from the TPS race at Red River Speedway in Wichita Falls, of the sickness and the death today of my brother RAY WALKER.

RAY died in Houston on Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at the age of 85 .

He is survived by his wife of 62 years Mary Walker and five daughters and sons: Cynthia Lowery, Janet Eldridge, Dr. Larry Walker, Gordon Walker, David Walker and their families which includes many grandchildren and great grand children.

The family is having a viewing Thursday, June 4th, at Jeters Funeral Home in Friendswood, Texas from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm with a small service following from 7:00 PM to 8:00pm. Ray Walker's funeral service will be held in Hemphill, Texas on Saturday, June 6th, 11:00am at St. Pius 1 Catholic Church and will be followed by a grave side service in Forest Hill Louisiana.

RAY played halfback for his high school football team in Lake Charles, Louisiana and was a life-long fan of LSU football.

He enlisted in the U.S. Marines during World War II. He saw combat in the Pacific Theater where he served as a fighter aircraft mechanic.

I will surely miss him.

Thank you for reading a personal obituary in memory of my brother - RAY WALKER

Neil Upchurch

that's the kinda life you could write a book on. very fulfilled.

prayers to you and your family neil.

RAY WALKER - 1924 - 2009

Speaking in behalf of my family, I just wanted to thank all of the sympathetic posted comments on http://www.texasprosedans.com/ and all of the personal e-mails and calls we have received.

The Walker family sincerely thanks the Marine Corps Auxiliary of Houston for their participation and awards at Ray's Memorial Service.

My brother Ray Walker was a proud American and a very good and religious man.

His soul is now resting comfortably in Heaven.

Thank you - Neil Upchurch

Archived