Mr. Pittman

sm44

Just want to express a big thank you on a well run show last night. Somehow you drew over 40 limiteds when other tracks only got 18-20. I was in the pits less than 30 minutes when you came up to me and said you must be Joe, we have only talked on the phone twice yet you knew my name and where i was from. Even with a flip in the race, you ran an extremly quick show. About the flip, as soon as the car was back right side up, the drive out and safe (all of this took very little time), the crew had the blade and tractor out working on the track. There was a ton of fuel and water pilled on the track and i figured it would take an hour to get it straight. The crew had the track ready to race and we made 3 laps under yellow before going green, some tracks take more laps than that for a simple spin. I had some rough luck getting tangle in the first lap that broke a shock, and then lost a cylinder 2 laps later, still finished but could have made a better show. AGAIN, THANK YOU FOR YOUR HOSPITALITY, ANSERWING MY QUESTIONS AND RUNNING A GOOD SHOW. If we come south again i will make sure to visit your track, i can't hang with these outlaw guys but it is fun trying!

That's a weekly occurrence for that track about the crew being right on. Believe it or not that was actually a long show for STS. Good to see the pits full and especially with all the out of town guys like yourself. That was a scary roll over and it's never good to see someone get hit while upside down either and I can only speak as a fan, can't imagine what it was like to be in the cockpit. Glad to see that Myers seemed ok in the pits afterwards. We're lucky to have the crew we do at STS and glad that Owen and everyone else is making good impressions on all of the out of town guys. I remember last year when the ASCS guys were here and it started pouring right before they were going to roll the track in. As soon as the rain stopped they jumped in that tractor and dragged the track and got the show in. I forget who won that night but I remember they said that the track was almost too fast that night and alot of those Sprint guys said that.

Archived