Attention TPS Entrants, Officials, Sponsors at RRS

Attention Red River Speedway TPS Entrants, Officials, Sponsors & Friends

The Sunday schedule REMAINS AT the earlier times POSTED as follows:

SUNDAY - MAY 24 - UPDATED Schedule

NOON ---- Pit Gate Opens - Bonus point deadline is 1:00pm, May 24 (Generator electricity needed in pits)

1:00-2:00- TPS & RRS PRACTICE (working scanner mandatory during practice, qualifying & races)

2:05pm -- TPS Drivers Meeting - attendance & practice mandatory or start rear (roll over entry for July 11)

3:00pm -- TPS QUALIFYING TIME TRIALS - 2 Laps - (see Qualifying Order & Rules issued on May 20)

3:45pm -- TPS Last Chance Qual Race (if needed, but likely no LC race) 12 laps - single file grid by fastest time

4:00pm -- Red River Speedway class Feature races: Chargers, Thunder Stocks, Mod 4

5:45pm -- TPS Driver introductions, out of cars, on main straight-a-way (if time permits)

6:00pm -- TPS FEATURE - 40 Laps - start 2 abreast - per below grid format (grid limit 20 cars)

Grid Positions 1-14 by Qual times, Pos 15-18 by LC Race Finish, Pos 19-20 to best in 09 TPS points

After race - Post Race P&G, Carb & Weight check. Trophy Presentation to VALIDATED WINNERS.

Note: The TPS Feature Race will be advanced to an earlier hour of the afternoon tba

If a rainout occurs on May 24, no make-up on Monday, May 25 (as originally projected)

For weather & schedule information call TPS cell # 210/365-3221 in Wichita Falls.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222 office phone

neilupchurch@sbcglobal.net

i hear he is turning some good laps along with that 14 car ..15.40s or so .going to be some fast racen ..with those two cars along with lalo . tom .serg .bill .mike . it would not surprise me to see 14.90s

Those 14.90s came to play.. Man that 70 was FAST!!! Thanks all the TPS drivers for coming

Gentlemen

First I would like to thank all of my fellow tps racers and their crews including the red river guys.

Thank you Wichita Performance for the nice pair of gloves and ATV World and sponsors for their contributions to Texas auto racing.

I was a bit, ok alot nervous coming back to red river. If you know of our track record, I havent had much luck there and not alot of experience compared to most of the rest.

We always have a good time and learn alot about the cars, drivers and your track. Great folks there in Wichita Falls.

Thanks RRS and TPS officials for your hospitality and compliments. We will be back next time.

Thanks David for keeping the car for us overnite.

On behalf of myself and crew thanks agian.

Mike Merrell

it was no trouble at all mike , it was kinda cool to have a real race car in my pits ! sometimes josh lets me stand by the pinto but he never parks it in my pit ! wish i could have talked to you guys more , but i had to run my local feature ! see you next time !

There was some great racing this weekend, and great folks. Was disappointed the TPS feature on Sat. night was rained out. Looked like it was going to be a good one. I would like to thank Lalo for the BBQ on sunday. It is always fun when TPS comes in. Looking forward to next time.

Randell

Archived