GREAT NEWS FOR SPORTS MOD AT THR ON 5/9/09

Happycoop

GREAT NEWS FOR SPORTS MOD DRIVERS AT THUNDERHILL RACEWAY FOR 5/9/09 EVENT

Although the minimum car count of 8 was not met, Mary Ann Naumann, owner and promoter of Thunderhill Raceway and MAN Racing Promotions LLC, said that the proposed purse for 1st through 4th place will be paid to those 4 drivers that decided to be a part of the May 9th Sports Mod event at Thunderhill Raceway

This will be a one time deal partly due to the short notice of the proposed purse, all future races must have the required minimum number of cars. So PLEASE help us spread the word that racing at Thunderhill Raceway is fun and exciting and that the Sports Mod class should be a part of it.

We look forward to seeing you all at the May 23rd event!

We are proposing the same for 5/23/09

Rebecca Cooper CPA

thanX a bunch. we don't race for money, but the money we get racing helps pay for the next one.

you didn't have to do it , you shouldn't have done it , but thanX maryann and THR. see ya on the 23rd.

-side note.

all you keyboard commandoes that hem ha over this and that, making one after another excuses. it is what it is , the rules are IMCA southern sport mod. exception of sway bar and tires.(i would like to have mirrors,and as soon as you run 2 grooves instead of 5 at this speed you'll understand why) but that is it cut and dry. you don't have to spend $10 and an hour washing it.

i've been waxed twice now by a dirt guy that never made excuses, he just showed up and handed me an a$$ whoopin.

If and only if they ever get it where a team could run at different track's on different night's....we are SERIOUSLY looking at doing a sportmod( wont have to spend 1,000.00 each race anymore). It would be hard to compete in em when Chase is running the Super at THR and Cary running in H-town or CC on the same night. Until they get some unity, it's going to be hard for this class to get big. NEED TO GET EM ALL IN ONE SPOT, ONE NIGHT, and see just what would come of it. Need to do these car's like the truck's and pro mod's, and it will work. JMO....for what it's worth. The track promoter's should see this, and work out a one night deal, in whatever city(flip a coin to see who get's the first date), and do it. If it turn's out to be big, then let another venue have a date...so on and so on. I'll go get me some more coffee and shut up now.

The Sport Mods are running in Houston tonight, it will be interesting to see if your scenerio plays out well. THR is not racing tonight, hopefully those sport mods will support Houston and in a few weeks, maybe the Houston guys will recipricate.

Houston run what they call limiteds and there is enough difference from IMCA sport mod rules that THR cars would have to make to run there. They have a required wheel offset, metal fan, stock upper control arms , max sway bar size , a 6200 rpm rev limiter and also allow crate engines.

Junior Medlock

If and only if they ever get it where a team could run at different track's on different night's....we are SERIOUSLY looking at doing a sportmod( wont have to spend 1,000.00 each race anymore). It would be hard to compete in em when Chase is running the Super at THR and Cary running in H-town or CC on the same night. Until they get some unity, it's going to be hard for this class to get big. NEED TO GET EM ALL IN ONE SPOT, ONE NIGHT, and see just what would come of it. Need to do these car's like the truck's and pro mod's, and it will work. JMO....for what it's worth. The track promoter's should see this, and work out a one night deal, in whatever city(flip a coin to see who get's the first date), and do it. If it turn's out to be big, then let another venue have a date...so on and so on. I'll go get me some more coffee and shut up now.

instead of building one build two and let them race against each other :rolleyes:;)

THR IS IMCA! those are the rules.........how hard is that to understand?

the crate engine is going to kill the class

the best way to get car count is to stick with the imca rules

because that is what all the dirt tracks that run the limited modified/sportmod run

wait till some of those $10,000 crates show up and see how fast it dies.

crate racing would be fine in a perfect world but the world ain't been perfect in at least a couple of months

to grow the class you need rules that include and not exclude

instead of building one build two and let them race against each other :rolleyes:;)

How bout we use your's and I will only have to build 1111111111. a$$$$$$..............0

the crate engine is going to kill the class

the best way to get car count is to stick with the imca rules

because that is what all the dirt tracks that run the limited modified/sportmod run

With all their infinate wisdom the local dirt tracks tweak the IMCA rules also.Tracks don't like to tech motors and the crate motor is tech friendly.I love the idea behind crates but when the seals show up for sale on E-bay it's time to realize the crates are done.

why would THR go to outlaw rules when there are over 400 registered imca mods (or drivers) in this state? to get those five or six from a 150 miles away?

Shawn.... Why would SportMods leave dirt to go asphalt?

There is something more than money there for them.. Most Race for $300 to win/$50 to start... and only race a 20 lap feature/8 Lap Heat..

They get a good field of about 18 cars...

THR Offered $500 to Win/$75 to start.. 20 Lap Feature/8 Lap heat rates.. and lots of practice laps to adjust.. How many budged off the dirt to go after that?

Many say its about the money on dirt... Tires for example... Personally think it more than that. IF you put them on Good Years that right there would even that out..

Dirt you show up at 6pm.. Asphalt you show at Noon.. WOw that's 6 hours in TX heat right there..

Dirt you get out about he same time at night as asphalt..

Racing tends to be more action packed on Dirt than Asphalt (fan's love this)

Rules different... there is only about a 15-20 min hot lap session after packing the track..

Bottom line if we want to pull cars from dirt to asphalt... need to improve the racers experience..

Open the pit gates at 5pm.. Drivers meeting at 5:45pm.. Practice 6-6:30 (Open)

Qualifying starts at 6:50 (1-2 classes per night) Heat races start at 7:30 (Sets the features)

Cut the feature laps back down to increase the action.. (Supers 30 laps.. Thunders 25 laps.. Grands 25 laps for example)

IF you want to turn laps..that is what .. Friday nights.. or Thurs nights on non-race weeks.. (not having this is killing right now)

IF you want to turn laps..that is what .. Friday nights.. or Thurs nights on non-race weeks.. (not having this is killing right now)

Not having to clean 100 pounds of dried mudd off my car after each race is incentive enough for me. ;)

Have all Thursday and Friday practices been eliminated? Forgive me for not knowing. If so, I bet they were cancelled for lack of participation.

i don't know if this has been mentioned yet......THR waved the the entry fee and still paid advertised purse for 15.

nobody says you have to be there at noon,,,,if you don't wanna be there for practice because the heat makes your eyeliner run then just be there in time for the drivers meeting.

this is all fun BUT it is also work........and now that has been used as another excuse.

Chase...

we have done Killeen multiple times.. i haven't heard Terry or Duane complain about the mud yet..

THey have a little $1.5 tick solution they put in the wheel wells and its pretty much a non issue... But if there is over water'n i can see where much could be a problem.. but they have packed the track/hotlapped/heat raced/ and feature raced.. all early in the night and car doesn't look that bad..

As far as i know.. there aren't Thursday practices any longer.. that is the message i got last time from debbie...

As for friday nights.. i do my best to fix the car, and get to friday and something happens.. the odds i will race Saturday are slim.. & i would rather race and have the extra days to fix the car..

Not having to clean 100 pounds of dried mudd off my car after each race is incentive enough for me. ;)

Have all Thursday and Friday practices been eliminated? Forgive me for not knowing. If so, I bet they were cancelled for lack of participation.

if you don't wanna be there for practice because the heat makes your eyeliner run then just be there in time for the drivers meeting.

What brand mascara you using these days, Shawn Paul?

I personally use Mabeline and it doesn't run - more or less like some of the guys who own cars and don't run ...

Nick

Archived